Chapter 20: The Weekend

Y/N's POV
i finally get to go and spend the weekend with my girls. we decided to take a trip to New York to celebrate Megan's engagement.

i already have my things packed, now i'm waiting for Chris to come and pick me up. i'm here with Lani and Adeya since she wanted to come over and hang out before i left.

i get a text from Chris saying he's outside.

"ight, Chris is here, imma go." i grab my bags and walk over to Lani for a kiss.

"have fun, mama."

"i will."

"bye DeyDey." we wave at each other and i head out of the door.

"took you long enough." Jhené said rolling down her window.

"girl, calm down, i was saying by to my girlfriend."

Chris takes my bags and puts them in the back with Jhené's.

i got into the car and sat with Jhené.

"how are y'all?"

"good. i'm excited for this weekend, i needed some time off from working on these albums, and i'm more excited to be spending it with my girls." Jhené said.

we lean in for a hug and start asking questions.

"so Chris."

"yes y/n/n?"

"when did you decide that Megan was the one?"

"we'll, we were at dinner a few months ago and i looked at her. the way she looked back at me made me fall in love with her, i just knew i had to make her mine forever."

"awww, that's sweet, well congratulations."

"thank you."

"what are you doing this weekend?" Jhené asked him.

"me, Sean, Ray, and some other people gon go to the club."

"i swear if Sean tries any slick shit."

"i'll pay attention to him for you."

"thank you."

we continue to talk and the we arrive to the private jet.

we got out and Chris put our bags on the luggage carrier.

"HEY Y'ALL!!!" Megan ran towards me and Jhené and we went in for a group hug.

"let us see the ring, now that we up close and personal." Jhené said

Megan whips out her hand and starts showing us.

"it's so much prettier in person, i like the way it shines." i say

"yeah, this is beautiful." Jhené said

"thank y'all. come on, we needa get there before the hotels are all booked."

"girl, i told you we don't need to stay in a damn hotel, i have an apartment we can stay at, it's also a private area so the paparazzi can't get us that easily."

"thank God, paparazzi been on my ASS these past couple of days, i need a break from all the press for sure."

"me too, them mfs keep coming up to me asking if me and you know who are on good terms now. obviously the fuck not." Jhené said

"yeah, we'll be okay."

"come on." we walked into the jet and sat down.

"fuck poppin champagne, we drivin the boat today." we start laughing and Megan pulls out a bottle of Dusse from her bag.