Chapter 16: First Concert

Y/N's POV

today is the first time i get to perform my album in front of an audience, i couldn't be more excited to finally be able to do that. i have Megan here with me so we can perform our song, i didn't even know she was here until yesterday. she decided to come and perform with me last minute, she's such a good friend.

eventually everyone i collabed with on the album will perform live with me. my last tour date ended up being in Cali, so i have hope that i'll be able to perform with Lani and Destin.

speaking of Lani, let me call her.

damn, why she always take her sweet time waiting to answer me?

"HI LANIIII."

"hi mama." she started smiling

"how are you?"

"good, i'm excited for you."

"thank you, my love."

"you're going to have the best time, i promise."

"just reminding you that my last tour date is in Cali. maybe you and Destin should pop out for our songs."

"i'll talk to him about it."

"are you with DeyDey?"

"nah, she's with her dad this weekend."

"oh okay. i miss you guys."

"we miss you too mama, it's so crazy that you ain't gon be here for so long."

"i can't believe it either, but it's go by faster than we think, i can't wait to be in your arms again."

"i can't wait to hold you again."

"i have to go get ready, babe, i'll call you later."

"bye, mama, you're gonna do great."

"bye, i love you."

"i love you too, bye."

i hung up and called Chris. he came 5 minutes later and i grabbed my little back i had packed.

i make my way to his car and i see Megan in it.

"hey Meg."

"hey y/n/n."

"you ready for tonight?"

"hell yeah, i ain't perform in front of people in a long ass time."

"i'm excited."

"me too."

"hurry up, Chris, we gotta be there by 8:45 it's 8:15"

Chris starts driving and 10 minutes later, we're at Fenway. damn, this mf wanna be Speedy Gonzalez on the road all of a sudden.

me and Meg get out of the car and head to our dressing rooms. we get our hair and makeup done and then we change.

after that, we do our mic and sound checks to see if everything is okay before the show.

at 9 is when the fans started rolling in. i felt so many emotions. i was happy, scared, nervous, relieved, just so many things at once.

"hey y'all." i say into the mic and everyone starts to cheer.

"are y'all ready?" the cheers get louder and i see everyone looking excited.

"i said 'are y'all ready?'" they start jumping and chanting "we are ready"

"ight, let's get the show started." i put my ear monitor in and start performing.

after the first verse...