Chapter 22: The Jewelers

Lani's POV
the day has finally come, i get to choose the special piece of jewelry that determines if i will have this girl for the rest of my life or not, i really hope she says "yes". there's no one else i want, just her, she's all i need.

i told her that i was gonna be at the studio for a couple of hours so she didn't get suspicious, this one of the only times i've told her something that was not true.

i gotta wait an hour for the appointment to start, so might as well do some shopping for me and my girls.

first, i gotta go to Gucci to get my babies some matching clothes, they're gonna look so cute, imma get some too of course.

"oh damn, is that Kehlani?" i hear someone say

"yeah, how are you?"

"omg we love you, can we get a picture?" two girls came up to me with their phones and took pictures.

"i love y'all too, have a good day." we waved and they left. i continued shopping for clothes and i saw a hat. definitely getting it.

let me get some more perfume for y/n/n, she's running low and needs some more.

i pay for the items and head to Lids. i wanna get us matching hats for when we go away to Cancun.

i wanna get her name on mine, i'll put my name on hers, it just makes sense.

he said it would take 40 minutes to stitch the names in, but i told him i'll pick them up in an hour or two cause you know.

i left Lids and went shopping around for 30 minutes. it was time for my appointment so i head back to the second floor and go to Kay Jewelers.

"Kehlani Parrish?" the employee asked

"yes."

"right this way." she points me over to a table and comes with a plethora of rings. they're all so beautiful.

"do you know what you're looking for?" she asked

"i want something that reminds me of her, but there are so many rings that do."

"well, describe her as best as you can, maybe i can help you."

"okay, well, she's beautiful of course, no ones beauty compares to hers. she's just so genuine and down to earth and i love that about her. she's passionate and anything and everything that she does, she's always
making sure everything she does is perfect. she's very loving in a way that most people haven't been towards me, and i love that. she accepts every part of me, the good, bad, ugly, sad, all of it. she's always holding me down, it doesn't matter if we're together or if we're apart, she's always had my back. she's one of a kind, no one, besides my daughter makes me as happy as she does, she makes me better. she's always so supportive of everything i do, even when i don't think something, like a song is the best, because i'm a singer, she always tell me 'if you think you need to change something, then do it, i think you're doing great so far thought.' and i love her for that. she makes me feel safe, secure, and beautiful. the way she stares at me is like nothing i've seen before, you can see that she's truly in love, and so am i."

"that was very beautiful, well, i have the perfect ring for you."

she pulls out a white box and shows me the ring.