Chapter 15: Tour

Y/N's POV

it's been a few months since i've dropped my album and it's been doing so well. it's even debuted at #1 on the billboard hot 200. i couldn't believe it, every little thing i worked so hard for finally paid off, i'm proud. but now, it's time for me to go on tour, and i sadly have to leave Lani behind.

i'm very sad, everyday our love for each other grows more and more and we can't leave each other alone for a second. we've made more songs with each other, she's truly my favorite person to work with, whether that's helping write a song, singing, producing, directing, or just basic things, i love doing those with her.

i've been packing for the last week preparing for this tour, although i'm excited, it also saddens me that i won't be with Lani, Adeya, and my friends, but it will all be worth it in the end, that's what makes me motivated.

i leave at 5:30 in the morning and it is currently 11:27 pm, Lani offered to drive me to the airport and of course i said yes, i wanna spend my last morning here with her, especially since in won't see her for almost a year. real world tour shit.

i use the bathroom, wash my hands, brush my teeth, and go lay down next to Lani on her bed.

"good night, bae." i say

"good night, mama." she kisses me and holds me as we drift into our last sleep with each other for a while.

                                     5:30🙂

i hear my alarm beeping so i get up and wake Lani up. i go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and shortly after, she comes to brush her teeth as well. i rinse my mouth out with water and clean off my toothbrush. i wrap my arms around Lani's waist and lay my head on her chest. she wraps her arms around me me and we stand there. enjoying what would be one of our last hugs for months. wow, i really have to leave this girl behind, i don't know how long it will be until i start to miss her touch.

we break away from the hug, get ready, go outside and put my suitcases in her car. i go back into her house to go see Adeya. she's my best friend, i'm gonna miss her so much. i lean over to kiss her on her forehead and head back outside. Lani opens the door for me and i get in.

"thank you my love." i say

"you're welcome." she said

she got in, started the car, and started driving. she grabbed my hand and held it tightly. it seemed like she never wanted to let go.

"i'm gonna miss you so much." i say

"i'm gonna miss you too, mama, but you got work to do." she said

"i know, it's just..." my voice cracked and i started to tear up.

"please don't cry, mama, you're gonna make me cry." she said

"it's just the fact that i won't be able to see you everyday in a physical sense, i won't be able to hug you, lay next to you at night, kiss you, talk to you about ideas i have or any of that. that's what's making it hard for me." i start to break down and Lani wiped my tears away. what am i supposed to do without her.

"it's hard for the both of us, babe, but i promise you're gonna have such a great time traveling to world, i promise. it gets really lonely at times, trust me, we do this for a living. but it's worth living your dreams." i wiped some tears away from her face.

"i just wish i could have you, DeyDey, Jai, B, Destin, and Bri there with me the whole time. you guys are what makes me happy at the end of the day." i say

"y/n/n." we stop at a red light and she starts to cry.

"oh Keh." i start rubbing her back trying to keep myself from crying again.