three.

{outfit for chapter above w/o hat and glasses}

Friends

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"Can you believe them?!" Elliot shrieked into the phone, startling a few people she was passing on the sidewalk late at night. "Every goddamn word that man said made me want to ring his scrawny little neck or maybe punch his face....did you see how punchable it looked. He was the embodiment of an alpha make douchebag and he had the audacity to say that he is Captain America. He is not and never will be Captain fucking America and--"

"Woah babe, calm down."

"Calm down? Calm down?! I can't fucking calm down Natasha!!" She yelled through the phone at her best friend. "Calming down is the last thing I can do right now! I broke my goddamn TV because of that man! He is the reason I have to go spend hundreds of dollars for a new one!"

"Sure it wasn't your temper, El. And besides, look at the facts. I am pissed at what they are doing, but it is not like we can do anything about it. I mean I owe Steve my life...literally. And I want to respect his wishes because of that, meaning that I am going to refrain from killing the phony."

"But Nat..." Elliot whined into the phone. She wanted to at least hit the fake blonde replacement, but she knew Steve would never have wanted that. And seeing as he was no longer around, and he brought back her best friend, it only added to the fact that she had to respect what he would have wanted.

Respecting his wishes.

Something she had to make sure she would follow through with.

"El, they can slap a label on this man, but we both know he will never be Captain America. Steve will always be him and no one can ever change that. You know that, I know that, Hell, the whole world knows that."

Elliot sighed, knowing that Natasha was right. She was always right when it came to situations like these.

"Do you think Mr. Walmart Brand Captain America can at least buy me a new TV?"

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Elliot was no longer on call with her redhead best friend. She was walking around an electronics  store, looking for a reasonably priced television, seeing that hers was currently indisposed due to her ill temper. Her worse than ill temper, but details details.

"Ma'am, do you need any help carrying that to the checkout?" One of the sales guys asked.

She slightly stared at him, knowing damn well that she could lift it herself, but being polite, she answered, "Sure."

She then watched as the middle aged man struggled to pick up the box. Stifling her laughter at the pitiful attempt, she spoke up, "It's fine. I can handle it."