Return to the infinite world

March 16, 2045 — Diablo

I then turned on the game.

Instantly, my vision went black. 

"Hello and welcommme back."

Before I knew it, I was no longer in my room, but in a space that appeared to be the study of a Western-style, wooden building. The voice had come from a cat that I had seen before, which sat in front of me on a seemingly well-made, wooden rocking chair.

 The voice had come from a cat that I had seen before, which sat in front of me on a seemingly well-made, wooden rocking chair

"That's riiight. You've been away for quite awhile haven't you."

"Yes it has been Cheshire control AI No.13, a few months earth time, nine months game time."

Control AIs are man-made cyber intelligences with entire modern supercomputers serving as their brains. Their primary uses, as the name suggests, are in control and management. It's said that just one of them can perfectly, and at high speeds, manage the databases and networks of a small country. This one is No. 13, there are twelve other control AIs of equal ability involved in managing this game.

"Has there been any big events, while I was away. "

"Oh yes so much has reaaally changed but I can't really spoil much about the gaaame now can I where would the fun be? "

"I suppose your right I would have just got the answer another way anyway. "

"But their are others I wanted to see and things to do, i'll be on my way."

"Welcome Back to Infinite Dendrogram. We warmly welcome you," Cheshire said.

As soon as these words were spoken, the study disappeared from my surroundings. The desk, the bookshelf, and even Cheshire, vanished, and I was left standing in front of the South Gate, Royal Capital Altea, Kingdom of Altar.

The sight of scenery changing vividly before me at high speed

The sound of my body scraping against the air as I walked toward the gate.

The chill in the air whipping around me.

The smell of wind I had smelt before.

A true dive VRMMO... I had a sense of that dream, this game made that dream become a reality.