Before the match

"Gardranda and Gouz-Maise, huh?" said Shu.

"Looks like you've been through some beary strange things since returning, Diablo."

"You think so?" I asked.

At the familiar sweets parlor, Shu and I were having a little talk about what had happened so far. Since I was still full from the sandwiches from before, the only thing I ordered for this chat was tea.

 Since I was still full from the sandwiches from before, the only thing I ordered for this chat was tea

"Encountering UBMs is rare, and even Mythical ones are damn tough," he said.

"It's not every day you get someone who fights and kills them not too long after entering or returning to Infinite Dendrogram."

Shu put some honey-covered pancakes into his mouth. Of course, he didn't neglect to use a fork. I was impressed that he could do it with those bear hands of his, but then I figured that it was probably easier than using a gatling gun.

Also, the overall image of a bear sitting on a chair and eating honey-covered pancakes was quite lavish. It seemed kinda funny, as well. At least, to anyone who didn't know that the person inside the suit was a man in his late twenties.

"Well, I'm probably not the one to talk, considering I killed my first UBM when I was on my first low-rank job," he continued.

"I remember times like that when it was just you and me as well."

"It was also the time I met Figgy," he said.

"We happened to get lost in a certain field and had to fight two UBMs..."

"Wow encountering two of them is quite the feat!"

"So you and Figaro went two-on-two against them?" I asked.

"Nope," he answered.

"Oh, so Figaro wasn't the only who helped, then."

"Wrong again. We both went against them one-on-one."

"Separating them was a real pain, and I really had to use my head to beat mine..."

"Wait. You said you were still on your first low-rank job, right?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"What about Figaro?"

"He, too, was on his first job — Gladiator. Not even level 50, either."

"...What about your Embryos?"

"Both were in their third forms. And no, neither of them had any giant-killing abilities."

"I remember having such difficulties myself when my Embryo was in her low forms, didn't have any battle oriented skills but still help overcome many different situations."

"Anyway, going any deeper into this would mean revealing Figgy's Embryo abilities" he said.

"I already know about his abilities and yours of course."