Predicament

April 5th, 2045

Overlord Gula, Diablo

It was Wednesday. I was in a certain room in the Quartierlatin palace. Two girls were facing each other, surrounded by crushing silence.

One was Azurite. She was staring — or more like glaring — at the other girl.

The other was B3, who was sweating profusely as she meekly sat on the floor. These acquaintances of mine clearly weren't enjoying each other's presence. 

It wasn't a nice comparison, considering the fact that they were girls, but it felt like I was watching a snake ready to swallow a frog.

Why is this happening? I wondered.

"You putting them in the same room is one of three reasons, I am sure about." Uriel said telepathically.

I couldn't deny that at all.

I was partially responsible for this.

It had all begun an hour... or perhaps over a month... ago.

I logged in to Dendro and, just like yesterday, paid a visit to the adventurers' guild. It was packed again, but Rising Sun secured a table and invited us over. 

It was my first time talking to Blue Screen, and he apologized for what he did back in Torne.

"Sorry 'bout that," he said.

"Gremlin's effects should be temporary, though. Did it work fine after that?"

"Yeah. It didn't change one bit," I told him.

"Good thing it didn't put you on another wanted list, eh, Blue?" Dum-Dum commented.

"Dryfe's is more than enough."

"Never again on that crap," Blue Screen replied.

"Umm... Can you expand on that...?" I asked.

"I don't wanna talk about it," said Blue Screen.

"I do," grinned Dum-Dum.

"Blue started out in Dryfe, and it happened sometime before the war, right about when his Gremlin got its ult."

"He was in town, and he decided to try it out on one of his magic machines, but he didn't know how to control it, and it had such a large AOE that it caused an electricity... magic(?)... whatever, power outage in the entire area." 

"It even fried a bunch of state-owned machines. No one died, but he still got on the wanted list for terrorism."

"Ohh..." I nodded in understanding.

"That does sound like something that can happen." Uriel commented.

As we continued to chat...

"Diablo... Sorry for the wait."

"Hm? Well, if it isn't B3," I said.

She had told me that she would be heading to Quartierlatin, but man, was she fast.

"Egh?! Barbaroy..."

"Whoa!"

The two Rising Sun members — especially Blue Screen — seemed to be afraid of her.

"Oh? Well, if it isn't the leader of Sol Crisis and the High Engineer I crushed first," B3 said.

"Why are you with Diablo?"

Oh, so Blue Screen was the first Sol Crisis guy she killed? I can see why he's afraid.

B3 started equipping a shield like it was no big deal.