Clash of the Superiors

"First, the eastern gate! The entrance of our venerable guest!" the announcer called.

A spotlight focused on one of the entrances.

"A Superior hailing from the land of Huang He! The great martial artist bearing the nickname of 'Yinglong'! The beast from the east! The Master Jiangshi! XUN... YUUUUUUUUUU!"

There was a boom, a crescendo of music, and even a release of smoke. A moment later, the creature broke the thick veil and showed itself.

Its frame surpassed four meters in length, causing many spectators to scream from shock. A single glance at its abnormally long limbs was enough to send chills down the spine.

To the eyes of those living in this country, which had a Western setting, even the creature's clothes seemed like they belonged in the realm of madness

Spreading fear and shock with every step, the Master Jiangshi, Xunyu, entered the stage. The creature raised its arms and released a war cry, which was followed by explosions on both sides of the entrance.

"They really know how entertainment works," I said.

"Gideon is beary much a showbiz city," Shu explained.

"Also, Masters gave the tians advice on how to set up these presentations."

It did look exactly like something from a fighting event on TV. However, I felt that the announcers on TV were better. The one in this arena didn't seem too used to it.

"By the way, Xunyu's number two in Huang He's duel rankings," Shu added.

"You get used to this if you duel that much."

"By the way, what kind of job is Master Jiangshi, anyway?" asked Rook.

"Huang He has a job called Daoshi, and I hear it's a Superior Job from that grouping," answered Marie.

"Its counterpart in this part of the world would be... Diablo since he is a Mage," Marie said.

"The main characteristic of Daoshi is that they produce and use certain consumable items — talismans known as 'Fu,'" added Shu.

"Their main advantage is that they allow quick and consecutive spellcasting, while the demerit is the production cost." I said.

"And don't forget that greater skills require you to spend time positioning the Fus," added Marie.

Everyone nodded their heads.

"I've also heard that, while being in the daoshi grouping, Master Jiangshi is a direct upgrade to the job known as Jiangshi, which is focused on endurance. With that in mind, it's safe to expect that Xunyu's fighting style is not purely magical, but involves melee, as well."

"Oh, that's true. After all, the daoshi grouping is the type that unlocks different Superior Jobs depending on which jobs you combine it with. In fact, it might be more correct to consider Master Jiangshi to be a Superior Job from the jiangshi grouping."