Safe return

The children had already woken up by the time we got to the dungeon, likely because the Lich had fallen. At first, they thought we were with the bandits. They began to cry with fear, but thanks to Cyco calming them down, they soon believed that we wouldn't harm them.

As it turned out, Roddie — the child our quest requested us to save — was the very same boy that'd slit my throat back in the lab. He had no memory of ever being controlled, so I didn't see the need to bring it up. When we were about to take the children back to the surface, I saw Hugo — who'd been looking around the lab — inquisitively examine the documents he'd found on the table there.

"Research on grudge, the Crystal of Resentment... and that's not all," he said.

"It looks like he'd been studying the means of creating a Flesh Golem that uses grudge as its power source. Heh, reminds me of that one prototype we had. I guess people thinking the exact same thing exist everywhere in this world. Though I'd never have expected anyone to create something like this completely on their own... It's both impressive and horrific at the same time."

He put the documents he'd been examining into his inventory.

"What are those, Hugo?" I asked.

"Oh, just the research papers left behind by the Lich who made this fortress his hideout — Maise or whatever he was called. The concept is similar to the one behind a robot our clan was researching a while back, so I decided to take it to them. You know — as a souvenir."

"What does grudge have to do with that?"

"Let's go. I'll explain on the way."

"Hey Uriel did you get a copy of those notes." I asked

"Yes any material of notes or books were quickly examine and stored incase for any help in the future." She said

"Quick question, if I were to walk into a library could you record every single word for word from all the documents and books." I asked curiously

"Only in this world I can, I can also store every single material you have read from your memories of your world master."

I was amazed at just how amazing my embryo was again since coming back to dendrogram. We began walking out of the dungeon, and I was instantly met with a certain problem. Because they had been sleeping for so long, some of the children had become weak, rendering them unable to walk properly. Due to that, we had them ride Silver or carried them on our backs, but...

"Woof woof! Woof woof!" one of the kids cried.

Yep, I still have the dog ears, I thought. And the kids just can't stop playing with them.

"Me next! Me next!"

"No, me!"

I'm not sure how I feel about this popularity. The relatively lively children were pestering me for a piggyback ride just so they could reach the dog ears.

"Looks like they're a big hit," smiled Hugo.

"...Good to see they're useful for something," I replied.

But man, they sure last a long time, I thought. Flamingo had told me they'd be gone by sunset, but it was already evening and they still didn't show any signs of disappearing.

"Okay," I spoke up.

"So tell me about this thing about grudge and robots."

"All right," nodded Hugo.

"The clan I'm in is focused mainly on crafting, and our current main products are Magingears. In fact, the Marshall II — Dryfe's official mass-produced machine — started out as an original item made by us."