Showdown

The central plaza expanding before the central arena was usually full of stalls, street performers, and hustle and bustle in general, making it one of the city's most popular attractions.

Yet, despite it being the night of one of Gideon's greatest events, the stalls were all barren and the performers were absent. Franklin's game had thrown the city into a state of absolute chaos.

Naturally, the common folk had scattered from the plaza like flies, as far away from the core of the chaos, the central arena, as possible.

But a certain group was there to replace them. It was a gathering of about forty Masters and their tamed monsters or slaves.

They were all prepared for battle, standing alert about anything that could leave through the entrance of the arena, ready to block the paths of anybody who tried.

The group certainly wasn't there to stop any of the monsters released in the arena from escaping to town.

In fact, they were there to eliminate any Masters trying to curb the chaos enveloping Gideon. The group were Franklin's pawns: the ones he'd referred to as "the betrayers" when having a phone talk with his sponsor, prime minister Vigoma.

Just as their name said, they were the kingdom's Masters who wished to defect to the imperium. Their reason was simple: profit.

When wars happened and ended, there was a world of difference between the advantages gained by the victors and those gained by the losers.

Thus, due to the situation in the kingdom becoming worse, many Masters were switching to other countries.

Among those were ones who wished to switch after doing something to improve their standing with Dryfe, both to avoid becoming a loser and to curry favor with the winning side.

The people in the plaza were exactly that — a group of Masters from the kingdom that Franklin had enticed with good conditions if they switched to Dryfe. He was having them participate in his plan as player killers.

 He was having them participate in his plan as player killers

"Heh heh. Looks like they realized that low level kiddies can get out," said a leather-clad traitor as he watched what was going on in the arena's lobby.

"Oh? And here I was beginning to think that we wouldn't get to do anything," replied a woman wearing priestly clothing.

"HYAHAAH! Time to shoot some fish in a barrel!" shouted a man with his hair in a pure-red mohawk and sunglasses over his eyes.

Though the sunglasses and hair didn't seem to fit it, the rest of his apparel made it clear that he was actually a mage of some sort.

The three with the highest levels among those that'd gathered in the central plaza.

Strong Swordsman, Ryzac.

Bishop, Myanna.

Pyromancer, Mohawk Red.