Let the Game begin

Central Arena, audience seating

The moment Figaro won, ovation roared throughout the building.

"What a great duel..."

A certain young spectator seated in the west side couldn't hold his honest opinion about the battle he'd just witnessed.

The spectators around him were standing up as they sent cheers and applause to Figaro — no, the spectacular battle itself — and he was no exception.

"Truly a wonderful fight," he said, clearly moved.

"Yeah!" agreed a middle-aged man standing next to him.

"I've seen many arena battles in my life, but a duel this good is a first!"

"Really?"

"You'd better believe it! The best match before was the one between Figaro and Tom Cat, the previous champion, but this was above that one!"

"I suppose I am quite lucky, then. This makes the journey through the desert all the more worth it."

The middle-aged man then noticed that the youth next to him was wearing a turban and loose, skin-concealing clothing that was popular in Caldina.

"You came here all the way from Caldina?!" he exclaimed.

"Wasn't it hard?"

"Oh yes, it was," nodded the youth.

"But again, it was worth it. I now have a good story to tell my friends back there."

After forming a satisfied smile, he then tilted his head in confusion.

"Oh?"

Gradually, more and more people in the audience became as puzzled as he was.

"What's wrong, lad?" asked the middle-aged man.

"Umm, Mr. Figaro is..." He told the man of the oddity that he had noticed.

Eventually, the confusion spread all across the arena.