The Gouz-Maise Gang

Hugo, and I got on a difficulty level 8 random event quest called Rescue Roddie Lancarse. Just like the quest to save Milianne, it was going to be a race against time. The quest difficulty. I knew just how difficult level 8 quests were, so I asked Hugo about it just so be sure he knew too...

"Difficult enough for level 500 tians going solo to fail spectacularly," he said.

"Even a full party of such tians would have a hard time."

...and that was his answer. Yes, level 8 quests were too difficult for max level tians. Even if we Masters were generally stronger than tians, it was clearly a bit too much for Hugo — someone below level 500 — to handle. However, I had no intention of leaving the child for dead just because it was hard to save him.

"I must say that letting them escape was a grave mistake," I said.

And that was my other worry — the five scumbags we'd faced. The one I'd punched was still spread out on the back alley's pavement, so Hugo tied him up with a wire he had on him. We decided to hand him over to the guards, so the girl we'd helped — Rebecca — ran off to the guardroom.

The other four had run away with a threat regarding her brother, unfortunately. We didn't know where their base was. If they got there before us and told everyone about what happened here, the boy's life would be in more danger than ever.

"Man, I should've paralyzed them," I said.

"Let me assure you, though, that there's no need to worry about them." He then pointed to the street they'd run off to.

I could see what was behind the corner and I could hear something being dragged on the ground

"Shorry for the waith, Hugo." It was a girl.

The first thing I noticed about her was her whiteness. White hair, white cheeks, white hat. Despite it not being particularly cold, she also wore a white felt long coat and a white scarf. And, for some reason, she was also biting into a white manju sweet. The only non-white thing about her were her blue eyes.

"Heh." Hugo turned pompous again.

"Well done, Cyco."

She gulped down the manju before responding. 

"It's a pain, but they were weak, so don't mind it."

"He said Cyco right?" I asked Uriel.

"Yes, Cyco short for Cycotus the lowest level of hell. She is a Maiden type Embryo like me,but she is currently in her third form." Uriel said.

I looked down and saw that she was holding people — the four hoodlums that had escaped — by the clothes behind the napes of their necks. The ease with which she was holding two people in each hand clearly didn't fit her appearance, but I soon noticed the Master crest on her left hand.