LION AND FOX

The Lunar Society headquarters

Until a few moments ago the same room I'd woken up in was all perfectly normal. But the room was in a... rough state, to say the least. Two of the room's walls were completely gone, as if they'd been blown away by an explosion.

Through the missing walls, I could see other areas of this facility, and honestly, it didn't look pretty. Most of the tiles had slipped off the roof, and I could see the evening sky beyond it. The walls and pillars alike were broken, letting me see even more of the devastation, including the countless furnishings scattered all over.

It looked as though this place had suffered an immense earthquake or a powerful tornado, but that wasn't the case here. This devastation was man-made, and I couldn't be more certain of that. Why? Because I could see the two responsible in the midst of all the chaos.

"Now, now, don't overdo it, you sickly prince," Tsukuyo Fuso said mockingly.

"How about you just take the death penalty and give Diablo back?" Figaro snapped.

The two Superiors were killing one another.

◇◇◇◇◇◇

Figaro had arrived at The Lunar Society's headquarters while Diablo was about finished talking to Kaguya. It hadn't been long since he'd left Gideon. The Superior knew the quickest way to the capital by heart, and he'd traversed it while wearing his best AGI-enhancing equipment, so while his speed had been impressive, it definitely wasn't surprising.

Standing at the gates of The Lunar Society, Figaro spent a moment to equip the best gear for the situation, such as anti-debuff armor to counter his prime opponent, a stone ax so large it could split mansions in half, and a monocle-like accessory.

That last item wasn't particularly rare or remarkable. It only had a weak Clairvoyance effect, which was often used to search for traps and the like. However, Figaro planned to use it for a completely different purpose — to merely look at the backs of people's left hands. The presence of a crest there would indicate that the person was a Master.

"If I get rid of all the Masters, they'll have no choice but to let Diablo go," he murmured.

And the monocle was there to help him differentiate who to kill and who to let live. Indeed, the very same man that had dismantled the blockade at the south of the capital by annihilating Mad Castle was about to rescue Diablo by massacring The Lunar Society. And alas, no one was there to tell him just how absurd and rash he was being. This Superior's modus operandi was quite unlike what his noble-like features would have you expect.

"Let's go,"

The fair-faced meathead said as he started it all off by throwing his gigantic ax towards the main gate. Needless to say, it collapsed in one hit, and Figaro didn't hesitate to bound over the rubble and enter the premises. Thus began the lion's wild dance of destruction. Walls crumbled, structures fell, Masters vanished, and tians scrambled for safety. It didn't take much of this chaotic pandemonium for Tsukuyo herself to stand before Figaro.

Kaguya, too, was forced to end her chat with Diablo and join her Master in battle. It was at that moment that Diablo saw the two Superiors face one another, murderous as could be. With The Lunar Society's HQ as their stage, two of the Big Three were now fighting each other to the death — a situation that could certainly be called a Clash of the Superiors.

◇◇◇◇◇◇

Overlord Gula, Diablo

I stood in the shattered room and observed the battle. Figaro's arms were entwined in his trademark Crimson Dead Keeper chains, and he held a bow in his hands — a weapon I had rarely seen him use. From his words, I could assume that he'd come here to help me, but his murderous intention seemed unfittingly immense. Did something happen between him and the aberration?