Battle with the Hell General

Overlord Gula, Diablo

Surrounded by a burning city, I faced a man.

He was the Hell General, Logan Goddhart — one of Dryfe's Superiors I'd fought back long ago. He was above even Franklin in battle. 

Leading an army of devils, he had used them to devastate the Royal Guard, as well as take the life of Liliana and Milianne's father. I'd suspected that he was the culprit as soon as I saw all the devils attacking Quartierlatin.

Machines, marionettes, and devils. There were three major threats here, and this guy was the biggest reason why I was here. 

In the ruins, the Prism Soldiers were fighting Dr. Mario's marionettes, so they were too busy to be a danger to the town right now. 

Tom was there, too, and I trusted he'd keep them inside. But even if I hadn't had those reasons, I'd still have come here, to the Hell General and his devils setting the town ablaze.

"The Episemophagic devil, Diablo, you say?" the Hell General said as one of the devils returned the blade that'd pierced Veldorbell to him.

"Ha ha ha! Your clothes have sure changed a lot over since the last time we met. That's a real villain look. Perfect for someone about to lose to a Hero like me."

I said nothing in response and examined his appearance. He looked a lot like the protagonist of a game I'd played before. 

His armor was custom-made to be just like that character's, and his face was about what I'd have expected for that face in a more realistic art style. However, that protagonist would never have done something this vile. I couldn't even imagine him proudly saying he'd feed children to devils.

"This disgusting little shit..." I muttered in rage.

Back at the hall in the ruins, I'd remembered the Gouz-Maise gang. But the machines were only like that because of their programming. This guy, on the other hand, was like the Lich right down to the core. 

Both of them hurt the weak and mocked those trying to stop them in the exact same way. That gave me a severe heartache. My state of mind was about the same now as it had been back in that old fortress. But I followed Uriel advice and not beat myself over what could have been and focus on the now.

"Heh heh heh," he snickered.

"Diablo The Episemophagic devil! I've wanted to have a rematch with you."

"Well then I guess that means you'll get what you want."

"I've seen how you fight since the time Franklin trapped the vice commander of the Royal Guard. I saw how you beat a Demi-Drag-Worm."

He was talking about the first thing I'd gotten involved in after I just got back here in this world. Well, that was a Dryfean plot. No surprise he'd know about it, I thought.

"I also know he lost against you, even though he planned for it," the Hell General grinned, clearly enjoying the fact that his ally had been defeated.

"That felt great."

Perhaps he didn't see fellow Dryfean Superiors as his allies? Well, you can say the same thing about our kingdom's Figaro and Miss Eldritch, I reminded myself.

"Now you stand before me," he continued.

"You foiled two of Franklin's plots, and now it's time for you to lose. Defeating you is my greatest wish right now!"

"You wanna avenge him?" I asked.

"No! My goal is to prove that I'm better than him and all the other superiors since you beat them as well!"