24. An Irony

The entire italics part is FLASHBACK that Liana recalls. Don't get confused. Enjoy!

Dedicating to Teddycraz for the banner on the side. Thank you. :)

****************************************

CHAPTER - 24

LOVE IS... AN IRONY

"The greatest irony about love is letting go when you need to hold on, and holding on when you need to let go."

FOUR MONTHS AGO - THAT NIGHT OF BETRAYAL

Everything was moving. Spinning. Rotating.

The smell of cigarettes hit me and I inhaled it with a huge smile on my face. Opening my eyes, I tried to capture everything around in my memory. My blurred out vision processed the scenario and passed it to my mind at an injured snail's pace.

People around me were laughing, dancing, smoking, drinking, and teasing the hell out of each other and what not. But not even a single person was unhappy, or depressed, or scowling, or any other sad adjective. And of course, I didn't fall in the second category as well. A giggle escaped my lips when I saw a bottle of cheap liquor calling me. It wanted us to be friends, I could tell that.

Each and every person around me was in the same category as me tonight - people who land up at a bar to drink their sorrows away.

"What do you want next?" My head snapped towards the two bartenders who had asked me this question. Both of them looked awfully alike. Upon having a close look at one of the bulky guys, I spotted his dimpled chin and his big black eyes. He was the nice bartender named Bob. He had been serving me since I entered this place, and the other one looked like his twin.

"Hi. Are you Bob's twin?" I asked his twin, resting my chin on my palm.

Both of them looked around and back at me as if I was really drunk. It's a different matter that I was really drunk.

I giggled again because... well, I didn't need a reason to giggle. But those giggles were cut short when Bob snapped his fingers in front of my eyes. "I don't have any twin. You're hallucinating." My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion as I tried to focus at them and saw that it was 'him' not 'them'.

"Hello's son eating?" I giggled again as I broke the word 'hallucinating' as per my drunken self's comfort. Drunken Liana was not a writer. She couldn't even see properly; saying big words or even thinking them was a task better left for sober times. "Who is Hello's son? Is it 'Hi' or 'Hey'? And what is he eating?"

"Nobody." He huffed. "I don't think you should have anything else."

My eyes widened at what he said as I was not content, yet. I shook my head, which made me dizzy. "But I want to have s*x with the bartender followed by a screaming org*sm!" I cried and the nice bartender hushed me.

I pouted at him and heard a loud chuckle from beside me. "Never has these cocktails sounded more appealing."

Bob looked towards the owner of the deep voice and informed him, "She just had s*x on the beach. Thrice."

"Yup!" I laughed and turned to look at the stranger who had very conveniently disturbed me from investigating about Hello's son after having screaming s*x and screaming org*sm. "And let me tell you that it was out of this w-wo-world." I managed to finish as I ended up stuttering when my eyes landed on the handsome stranger beside me. My breath hitched as my eyes roamed from his sculpted face, sharp jaw and finally, landed on his piercing grey eyes that were looking back at me. "Wow!" I breathed, which made him smirk at me with his perfect full lips.