7. Stupid

CHAPTER - 7

LOVE IS... STUPID

"Love is being stupid together." - Paul Valery

Day - 2

"I see that you clean up well," Ashton said the second he opened the door while running his eyes through my naked 'hairless' arms.

Shooting him a fake smile, I retorted, "And I see that you still didn't bother cleaning up at all."

"Of course. Why would I? I'm a sexy beast."

"Yeah, right!" I rolled my eyes at him and waited for him to get aside from the door so I could enter. He leaned on the door, looking at me with his challenging gaze. He looked fresh as compared to how he looked the day before. The bags under his eyes were lighter, which made his beautiful grey eyes shine. He was handsome, very handsome. No doubts about that. In fact, he, somehow, made the beard on his face suit him amazingly well. "Well?" I craned my neck towards his living room, motioning for him to let me enter, but he didn't budge even a bit. "Oh C'mon, Ashton. Please!" I groaned, looking at him in disbelief as he seemed to be very pleased at the aspect of repeating yesterday's telecast of not letting me inside his place.

His lips formed a smug smirk and he whispered, "Yup. Scream exactly that when I'd be ravishing you."

My mouth dropped open in surprise, which pleased him more as he smirked victoriously and stepped back inside his apartment. I chose to keep my mouth shut and entered the apartment. After shutting the door behind me, I watched him moving towards his room. He was way too keen on repeating his routine of the day before. The only problem was that I was not in a mood to clean his mess of an apartment yet again while he rested on his bed.

My eyes widened just as he entered his room lazily, and I ran towards the door, literally. Thanks to the powers above that I avoided having the door shut in my face, yet again, or worse, getting squished between the door and the door frame. I stopped the door from getting shut with my hands and quickly entered his room behind him. I swear the ninja within me was way too awesome and I, genuinely, felt so proud of it at that moment.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Ashton yelled, stealing away my moment of pride.

"What do you think you are doing?" I counter questioned him with my wide eyes.

His jaw clenched tightly and he took a step towards me in a very intimidating way which was successful in making me step back lightly. "I've better things to do than spend my time with you."

Involuntarily, I flinched ever so slightly at both his voice and his words. Even I had better things to do in my life. I was also not in front of him facing humiliation by choice. But he didn't have to be so blunt and rude about it. "Well, so do I!" I exclaimed, looking back at him with firm eyes and lightly clenched jaw.

It was the start of our staring match and none of us was ready to give up. For him, it must have been his male ego that was stopping him from backing off. For me, it was the perfect opportunity to show to him that I wasn't scared of him and I wasn't here to back off. Well, a hidden agenda was also to have a deep look in his eyes from this close. They looked like a weird yet beautiful combination of black and dark grey, latter being the prominent one.

"You've beautiful eyes," I murmured, too lost in his eyes to comprehend my words.

He blinked, taken aback at what I said and I stopped the urge to face palm myself. His surprise was short lived as he smirked at me and said, "So I've been told."

"I won." I smiled as I won the staring contest, but he looked at me with raised eyebrows and I mumbled, "Um... it's good." I lowered my gaze from his to look around his room. It was a simple white colored room; way too simple. The only pieces of furniture were a bed with its side tables, a cupboard, and a study table that had a laptop resting on it. It was nothing like what I was expecting. For some reason, I thought it would a be a dark color painted room with mess all over, but unlike his living room, his bedroom was spotless. It was simple and I liked it. I liked the fact that he was not somebody who wanted to flaunt all the money his family had. The first proof of my conclusion was his apartment and its surroundings. Second was the simplicity of his furniture and the simplicity of the décor. Lastly, it was the fact that he didn't look even the slightest bit like his brother, who was probably the definition of an upscale businessman, who wore tailor made suits to perfection, and was undoubtedly the most eligible bachelor in town.