37. Bliss

Dedicated to xCelestialSkiesfor the beautiful cover above. :)

CHAPTER – 37 (Unedited as always)

LOVE IS... BLISS

'Love is meeting of two souls, fully accepting the dark and the light within each other, bound by the courage to grow through struggle into bliss.'

Day - 15

"I don't understand why you have given me this piece of crap?" Ashton scowled.

I looked up from my cup of coffee and saw him adjusting his shades. It was the first time that I saw him wearing sunglasses and dare I say that he looked like the definition of 'hot'. It suited his handsome face perfectly well, but I loved his grey eyes more and I didn't like that I couldn't see them because of this barrier.

"You're drooling with a frown," he informed me with a smirk.

"That's not possible, you know? I'm just thinking," I told him, taking another sip of the black goodness. "And that piece of crap contains information about your date."

Rolling his eyes, he looked down at the email on his phone. I had mailed him the details of Jennifer, the next candidate we were to meet in this café in a while as I didn't want to repeat every other information about her again and again when I very well knew that he never paid attention to anything I told him about the candidates.

"But there is nothing written about you," he replied with an innocent face, and all I wanted to do was hug the life out of him and kiss him. I didn't bother replying and looked away with an evident smile on my face. "I like your blush. You're too cute, Liana." He laughed, keeping his phone away.

"Shut up," I grumbled, making him laugh again.

We were interrupted when someone placed a handbag on our table. We looked up and saw a pretty brunette with hazel eyes, looking at us with a little frown on her face. "You are Ashton Parker, right?" she asked him, but didn't give a chance for him to reply as she sat down and continued, "I'm Jennifer. With tightly closed lips, I looked towards Ashton, who was looking at the girl with nothing but confusion. "Oh, and you must be Liana Moore. I'm sorry; I'm just in a very crappy mood today." She smiled, scratching the back of her head with creases on her forehead.

"Oh, would you like to have something? Maybe a coffee to make you feel better?" Coffee always worked for me, so I assumed that it was something global.

"Or a beer?" Ashton interrupted me with a roll of his eyes, making me pout slightly.

She looked between us and said, "A lemonade actually."

I grinned at her and called a waiter immediately to place her order. Once that was done, I opened my mouth to say something to start this meeting, but she beat me at it.

"I just want to make it clear that I'm not interested in you so don't even think about falling for me," she told Ashton with complete seriousness, making me gasp in surprise. What was she talking about?

"F*ck yes!" Ashton chuckled, looking relieved. She smiled in an instant, looking relieved too.

But I was way too confused at the turn of events. Not that I wasn't happy with both of theirs disinterest in each other, I just wanted to know what she was talking about. "What?" I voiced out my confusion.

She grinned at me and leaned towards us on the table. "Okay, so here is the situation. I broke up with my boyfriend about twenty days back, and that's when I accepted meeting you in complete rage. Now, my boyfriend is trying to win me back and I'm here to make him jealous."