9. Fun

Chapter - 9

LOVE IS... FUN

Love don't have to be a bunch of drama
A bunch of knock-down, drag-outs, crying in the rain
It's all right to keep it light now mama, don't you think
We're having such a good time together and it's only just begun
My heart has never smiled so hard
Baby, lovin you is fun
Its fun.  - Easton Corbin - Lovin You Is Fun

Day - 3

Love is kind.

This is the definition I had given to Ashton on the second day of our assignment. He had replied with an immediate snort accompanied by 'that's crap'.

The part of the famous Bible quote was not helping me too. It's safe to say that I had already lost any hopes of making Ashton fall in love with someone in just two days of spending time with him. He was way too moody, extremely arrogant, a sadist who enjoyed watching me in misery, and the living definition of lethargic.

His friend, whose name was still not known to me and I decided to call him with his name of the day, Gale, was on the other hand the exact opposite of him. It was probably easier to find out his real name than making Ashton fall in love with someone.

With a deep pool of messed up thoughts in my mind, I stared at my phone in the process of making notes of this 'pain in the bum' assignment. Brittany was definitely out of the list. Just the mere thought of her and the possible things she must have been doing inside her bedroom with three guys made me cringe. I shook my head to get rid of the various dirty images that Ashton had succeeded in feeding inside my brain. He probably enjoyed every bit of narrating the entire incident to the always grinning, Gale. He made sure that he enacted my expressions of plain innocence followed by deep confusion and concluded by disgust. He was the one who explained my reactions so deeply to Gale and it didn't take a genius to figure out that they both had laughed madly at me while I had waited patiently for them to calm down as I myself tried to stop the laughter that eventually got mixed up in their laughs. It was nice, well until, Ashton very smugly told Gale the tale of my broken laptop. That had brought all my misery back and my happy mood had been thrown deep down in a gutter. Hence, I was left to do all my work on my phone.

'Not suitable at all; indulges in group pleasures.' I typed in front of Brittany's name and pondered over deleting, omitting, or editing any of the eight words I had written.

"What are you doing here? Is it eleven already? How the hell did you even get inside?"

My head snapped towards the source of noise and my eyes landed on his frowned in confusion face and narrowed eyes. "My turn to ask twenty questions," I replied in fake enthusiasm.

"Are you sh*tting me so early in the morning? How did you get inside?" he asked, looking annoyed.

I didn't bother answering his first question and straightaway jumped to the second one as I replied with the same enthusiasm as before, "From platform nine and three quarters."

He made a low growling noise, which reminded me of a pissed off wolf. "Isn't it enough that I tolerate him already? Don't get so influenced by him," he suggested with lightly clenched jaw referring his friend.

"Why shouldn't I? He is nicer than you," I informed him with my smile still intact at its place.

"You're more annoying in the morning than any other hour of the day," he commented, as he started moving towards the kitchen.

"Aww, thank you," I replied sarcastically. Getting up from the couch, I too made my way towards the kitchen and continued, "But no matter how much I try, I can never be even half as annoying as you are."