14. A Memory

Okay! Firstly, I'm sorry for such a delay. Now, please read this chapter carefully as it has a few flashback scenes in between the current scene. Flashbacks are written in Italics and are between Hashtags #********# this symbol. So, I hope you won't get confused. Enjoy! :)

*******************************************************

CHAPTER - 14

LOVE IS... A MEMORY

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal."

I stood up abruptly as I stared at his blue eyes in complete shock the moment I realized that he really was standing in front of my eyes. The breakfast that I had so devotedly devoured, threatened to come out of my mouth as bile rose in my stomach.

"Ana," he repeated. His voice was soft, like it always used to be while talking to me.

#********#

The first days of everything in life can be defined by one word in particular - nervousness. That's exactly what I felt when I stepped out of my dorm, clutching the strap of my messenger bag as if it was my shield. Getting in university was the first step towards my new life, but that meant, I had to face so many new faces. No, I couldn't be classified as completely shy or a very popular girl. I was just average. I had always been.

The huge building came in view and I walked the path to reach my first class. I had utilized my last two days in getting familiar with the premises of the university, so reaching the class was not going to be big deal. The deal was the nervousness and excitement about what was going to happen next.

As I jumped the staircase, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I stopped and took it out to look at 'Mom' flashing brightly on the screen. With a smile on my face, I answered, "Yes, I have reached the class, Mom. Please don't worry so much. Nobody is going to kidnap me from my dorm to class. It's hardly fifteen minutes walk."

She scoffed on the other end. "I'll see how you'd worry when your only daughter would be hundred miles away from you."

A chuckle escaped my lips and I told her, "Seriously, Mom, I can't call after every class and all. I'll talk to you at the end of the day. Okay?"

"Yes. But make sure you do. Take care. Miss you." I could hear the smile in her voice.

"Miss you too," I mumbled and with a smile on my face, cancelled the phone. While keeping my phone back in my skinny jeans pocket, which was quite a struggle, I stopped abruptly at the turn of stairs, which I agree was a stupid move on my part. My stupid move resulted in me colliding with someone and a possible injured nose. "Ouch!" I yelped as I took a slight step back.

"Ow! Sorry," the guy apologized in his soft, melodic voice.

I looked up while rubbing my nose, most probably looking like a monkey, to see the guy whom I had collided into. As my eyes fell on his blue ones, my heart skipped a beat and all I did was stare at him for the next four-five seconds, forgetting about my injured nose. His words settled in my head and I came out of the trance as I shook my head and told him, "It was my fault. I'm sorry."

He smiled at me and for the next four-five seconds, I was mesmerized by the dimple on his left cheek. The guy in front of me was gorgeous with a cute dimple and smiling, happy eyes. Somehow, I willed myself not to let out a dreamy sigh at the handsome sight in front of me. "You're new here?" he asked, tilting his head slightly to the right in curiosity. I couldn't help but notice how his golden locks fell on his forehead at his this movement.