R - Regal

"Did you just say you love my sister?" Jackson asked, not even trying to fight Lisa's arm around his neck.

"No." Lisa removed her arm and walked back to the chair.

"Yes, you did."

"No, I didn't." she shook her head.

"You did. Do you love her?"

"Well, fuck it." She whispered. "I do, I do love her. Do you really think that little of Irene?"

"What do you mean?" Jackson asked frowning.

"That you don't seem to fathom the idea of someone being with Irene just because of her and not because of the money your family has."

"Your brain doesn't understand that someone can fall in love with her for who she is, without seeing money all over her face."

"I didn't say that." Jackson said defensively.

"You practically did, man. Everything between us happened by accident, I would've never imagined that I was going to fall in love with her."

"I'm talking from experience here, Lis. I've seen it happen before." This bullshit again.

"First and only relationship she had and she ended up with heartbroken and I don't want to see her like that ever, again." He looked straight into Lisa's eyes.

"I know that what I said was out of line but I won't apologize to you because I'm just looking after her. I didn't know you felt that way but I'm glad you do because in the lean amount of time the three of us spent together by the door I saw the way she looks at you and I know for sure she feels the same way as you."

"First you basically call me a gold digger and now you're making run of me by saying she loves me?"

"I'm not making fun of you. I know my sister and I know she is in love."

Lisa scoffed, of course, Irene couldn't feel the same way she did. "Yeah, right, you better not tell her anything I said here."

"I won't if you don't, she'll kill me if she finds out what I just told you, I'm torn between liking you or not, you stood up to me and I like that. It makes me know you'll protect Irene against anything."

"You don't have to like me and I won't force you into it. Just so you know I'm not here for the money. I'm here for Irene and the babies."

Jackson let a smile grace his lips, he liked Lisa, his parents were right about her, he just wouldn't show it to Lisa.

Irene came into the room saying that food was ready and insisting to Lisa that she should stay and eat with them.

Lisa accepted the invitation to stay for dinner and sat next to Irene. She learns a lot about Jackson during dinner, how long had he been in Japan, how many business he had and also that he wanted to settle with his girlfriend and have a family with her.

-------------------------

"Irene."

"Hmm."

Lisa raised her head from Irene's huge bed to look at Irene who was in her closet searching for something to wear to Henry's club. "Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"Uh, but like... promise me you won't get mad at me or whatever."

"I promise."

"Okay, what happened with your first boyfriend?"

Irene's body tensed for a few seconds. "Why are you asking that?"