Birthday surprise

"Hey izuku, when is your birthday?" mina asked. I immediately grew uncomfortable. "Oh oh! We want to know too!" toga said excitedly. Everyone looked at her confused.

"Hes never told us no matter the many of times we asked." dabi explained, not even fazed with crusty playing with his fingers like a child.

"Thats because...i dont remember it!" i lied. They gave me a look that screamed, shut up izuku you're an idiot.

"Its July fifteenth." kacchan smirked. I gasped slightly and buried my head in my hands. "Thats tomorrow!" sero yelled. I groaned and got up, grabbing my cigarettes.

"I havent celebrated my birthday since i was seven. Dont bother." i said, before putting my shoes on and leaving. I dont want memories of that day to come back. The...worst day of my life.

"Mama! Its my birthday today! Can we have good food today?" i asked excitedly, pointing to the stash of food we kept in the corner. My bandages fell down my arm as i pointed. Mama sighed and rewraped my bandages as she smiled at me.

"Sure izuku! I think the good food will be perfect for today! It is a very special day after all!" she smiled, crawling towards the stash of food. We quickly ate and mama whisper-sang happy birthday to me. We heard the footsteps of daddy and she shoved the food away, wiping my mouth and hers as quickly as possible.

We had covered the evidence in time.

"You fat ass! Get over here you cheating son of a bitch!" he yelled, opening the door and grabbing mama by the hair. My eyes widened as i saw mama get dragged away. She begged me to stay away, and so i listened. I waited twenty seconds until daddy left before chasing after him.

I peeked around the corner to make sure that he didnt see me, but he heard something. I gasped and quickly hid in the cabinet. He looked around, grunted and dragged mama further away.

I heard mama scream and gasped, covering my mouth with my tiny hands.

Her screams echoed in my mind, and her last words. Before i knew it, i was on top of a rooftop smoking. I just need to clear my head. I cant think. I could barely see kacchan come and sit next to me.

"I dont feel too good kacchan." i whispered. He gave me a sad look. "Im sorry izuku, i didnt mean to upset you...do you want to talk about it?" he whispered to me softly. I let out a shaky breath and closed my eyes tightly.

"He was drunk...and so we were expecting him to stay passed out on the couch." i chuckled, trying to block out the sounds of my memories. I wasnt elaborating on names and i think kacchan could figure it out.

"We decided to have the good food that we had stashed away for occasions like these. We ate a bit, and he walked in on us. He saw her first, and dragged her away." i whispered, covering my eyes with my arm, putting my cigarette to my side.

"I heard her scream. And scream. And scream. She wouldnt stop. On the top of her lungs, she was yelling for help. I had to go see her. And thank the gods i did." i whispered, my voice cracking.

"He killed her. He murdered his own wife that day." i choked. "He killed my mama." i whispered, biting my lip trying to hide my tears.

I felt my cigarette be taken from me and i was wrapped in arms. I hugged that person tightly, crying into his shoulder. He ran his fingers through my hair, and rubbed my back, whispering reassuringly into my ear. I gripped his shirt tightly, tring to hold onto my lifeline.

"Im sorry, im sorry, im sorry." i whispered, sobbing into his chest. "Izuku, dont apologize. You're sad, and you cant help that." he smiled softly at me. I took a shaky breath and nodded. I stayed in his warpth for a while longer until pulling away. I hung my hed and dried my eyes.

I dont want kacchan seeing me like this. Im weak. I cant protect him right now.

"I say, as soon as you're fully recovered, we kick some ass!" kacchan smirked, light explosions popping in his hands. I looked up at him and smiled.

"Yeah!" i yelled,going for a high-five. What i wasnt expecting,

Was for explosions to pop out of my hands. I froze. I couldnt breath, think, move. Kacchan looked at me in shock. Then i remembered what bird-man had said.

"It was successful." i whispered, tangling my fingers into my hair. "Izuku, whats wrong?" kacchan asked, quickly seeing the change in my expression.

"I-i-i," i stuttered. I couldnt manage to get a sentence out. "Quirk. Coming." i managed to get out. Kacchan looked at me confused. "Aizawa." i got out. He nodded and quickly got his phone out.

I held my hands shakily n front of me and because of how much i was sweating, the more explosions it caused. Had i stolen kacchan's quirk? Had i copied it?

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?

I didnt know how long i had been sitting there, but at some time, i was embraced again and i felt a lot cooler. I was calming down and sweating a whole lot less.

Im exhausted, but i have to stay awake. I cant freak out....i need to stay calm. I need to find out if kacchan is ok!

"Problem child, i'm going to need an explanation." the one and only aizawa said. I let out a shaky breath, barely opening my eyes to see him. "Bird-man...something bout quirk returning....erase, copy, take." i whispered the last word, shivering at it.

"Bakugou, try your explosions." aizawa said. I heard explosions crackle and i sighed in relief, a smile setting into my features as i drifted off to sleep.