Chapter 8

"Come on, we still have a little ways to go." I spoke loudly as I saw the others were slowing down some more.

"Don't you ever take a rest? How are you still able to walk?" Glenn complained.

"I ran from Rick and Shane for miles, while they were in their police cars, travelling at about 100 miles an hour trying to get me, but failed." I looked over at Rick who just chuckled.

"You still remember that?" he asked, I nodded and over at Daryl who also looked like he was fine.

"You still good Daryl?" I asked.

"Ya. Why wouldn't I be?" he asked. I just shrugged my shoulders; I turned back around and started to walk properly. That is until I heard screaming coming from up the mountains.

"HURRY UP!" I yelled at everyone.

We all ran up into the mountains in time to see that there were walkers everywhere. There was gun fire and yelling of the people, trying to get to their loved ones. I grabbed my knife and gun and started to shoot as I ran, too soon I heard the gun click empty.

"Shit!" I yelled. I looked around and started to stab the walkers, turning to the right I saw Carl and Sophia running from two walkers, running as fast as I could, dodging all the walkers that got in my way. Soon I got to the kids, and sunk my knife into the skulls of the walkers that came near us.

"Run! Go to your mothers!" I yelled still trying to fight the walkers off and away from them. They quickly run, scared of the walkers getting close.

I turned around as a walker had just landed on me; my knife had slipped out of my hands, falling to the ground and out of my reach. I had my hands pushing at the walker's neck away from my face as it tried to sink its teeth into my flesh.

I struggled a lot until the walker stopped struggling and I felt it sink onto me. I looked up at the walker, and saw an arrow through the head. Quickly throwing it off of me and grabbing my knife, I pulled the arrow out of the skull and gave it to Daryl, as he quickly came over to me.

"Are ye okay?" he asked me as he shot another walker, I nodded and started to stab more walkers.

"Here take this!" Daryl said, as he handed me a gun. I just shook my head.

"Take the damn gun, it has ammo. Use it!" he yelled at me over the gun fired. I took the gun and began shooting; soon enough all the walkers were forever dead on the ground. I relaxed and walked up to everyone else with Daryl behind me, he was by my side ever since I had gotten knocked on the ground by that walker. It was like he was protecting me or something, not like I needed it.

"We have to take care of these in the morning" Rick said. "Everyone go get some sleep, if you can"

I looked at the RV as I saw Andrea over Amy's lifeless body, I felt really bad. I didn't know what it is like to lose someone, for I never had anyone to lose in the first place. I walked to Daryl's tent where he was already in. I started to hand him the gun back when he spoke up.

"Keep it. I have another." Daryl said.

"It's not my gun, it's yours. So take it back please, I can't have your gun." I said.

"I have another. That one has a bigger clip then yours, more rounds. I have more ammo for you to use. It's yours now." he said as he pushed my hand back. I turned around, and put the gun next to the cot.

"Why are you giving me the gun?" I asked.

"I'd feel a lot better, if I knew ya had a gun, with ammo, 'nd ya were safe." he said. I was surprised from his answer. He wanted me safe?