Chapter 41

Carly's P.O.V.

I awoke because of a sudden movement in the bed. Slowly opening my eyes, I see Daryl with his eyes shut. His breathing isn't as deep, or steady as it usually is when he sleeps, so he must be awake.

"I know you're awake." I whispered. His eyes slowly opening with a small smile on his lips. He took a deep breath in, before exhaling.

"Sorry I woke you." He said. I shook my head and kissed his lips gently.

"It's okay." I said. Daryl rested himself on his elbow, as his other hand moved the hair from my face.

He tenderly placed his lips on mine again. He repositioned himself so he laid on top of me, his arms as support so his weight isn't completely on me.

I could feel the heat on his body, and for some reason, mine always seems cold. My hands ran through his hair, and down to his neck pulling him closer, deepening the kiss.

Daryl's hand made its way to my waist, then down to my thigh. He picked it up slowly, bringing it to his back. Getting the message, I wrapped my other leg around his torso as well.

"Daryl! Are you awake?" I heard Rick call. I groan at the fact we were interrupted. Daryl chuckled to himself as he pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"Yeah... What you need?" Daryl yelled back.

"We need someone to go for a hunt." He said. Daryl yelled an okay before getting up.

He tossed me my clothes as he started to put on his jeans. I tugged my shirt over my head and then pulled my underwear and pants on as well.

Daryl picked up his crossbow and walked over to me. He leaned his head down and pressed a kiss to my lips.

"Be careful out there." I whispered.

"I always am." He said. I nodded my head and walked out of the cell behind him.

I walked to the make shift crib Daryl made and saw Carol standing over it with a bottle.

"Good morning." I said as I walked up to her.

"Morning." She replied. "Do you mind taking over, I have to pee." She said. I nodded my head, taking the bottle from her hands and then lifting the baby girl into my arms.

Cooing her as she drank her milk, a song popped into my head.

"You fascinated me
Cloaked in shadows and secrecy
The beauty of a broken angel

I ventured carefully
Afraid of what you thought I'd be
But pretty soon I was entangled

You take me by the hand
I question who I am

Teach me how to fight
I'll show you how to win
You're my mortal flaw
And I'm your fatal sin
Let me feel the sting
The pain
The burn
Under my skin

Put me to the test
I'll prove that I'm strong
Won't let myself believe
That what we feel is wrong
I Finally see what
You knew was inside me
All along

That behind this soft exterior
Lies a warrior

My memory refused
To separate the lies from truth
And search the past
My mind created