Chapter 11

Carly's P.O.V.

Here we are, in the CDC. There is a doctor person standing in front of us with a gun ready to fire if he needs to.

"That's an awful lot to ask for these days." The man said.

"I know." Rick replies.

"Are any of you infected?" The man asked.

"One of our group was, he didn't make it." Rick replies. What was the point in brining Jim up? He asked if we were infected. Not if someone died from the infection.

"A blood test is required. That's the price for administration"The doctor says.

"We can do that" Rick says.

"Okay, if you have things, go get them now! Once those doors close, they will no longer open. They remain closed" The doctor said.

All the men ran out to get people's things. I stayed inside to make sure no walkers came in and to shoot any that got near the men.

I shot one that almost came too close and looked around and saw one going to Daryl. He won't be able to shoot it with my stuff as well. I ready my gun to shoot.

"It's too far, you won't hit it. You'll hit him" Carol said. I completely ignored her and fired the gun.

Before the stupid thing was able to bite into Daryl's shoulder it had fallen to the ground with a splash of blood pooling from the head. Daryl looked at the body, then back at me and nodded gracefully. I nodded back and looked at Carol with a smirk.

I shot down more walkers as the men came in. Daryl was last in. He put down our things and looked at me.

"Thank you." He said, panting.

"Anytime." I said back.

The doctor had mentioned for us to follow him. We followed him into a elevator. I was in the back between Daryl and Shane. Shane brushed his hand against mine and I moved closer to Daryl. Daryl put his hand on the small of my back, where I then felt more comfortable and protected.

"Do doctors always go around packing heat like that?" Daryl said.

"When things went down, I familiarized myself. I trust you. Expect you, I have to keep my eye on you" He said to Carl as a smile wiped on his face. The elevator stopped and we all went out.

"Are we underground?" Carol asked.

"You claustrophobic?" The doctor asked.

"A little." She responded.

"Try not to think about it" He said.

"We didn't catch your name" I said.

"Doctor Edwin Jenner." He said. I nodded. He lead us into a room where there were needles and everything. I started to get nervous.

We all sat down waiting for our turns. Daryl went up and made it look really easy... He didn't flinch, or show any emotion.

"Miss, it's your turn." Jenner said. I shakily stood up and went to the chair. He started to clean my arm, and he was ready to put the needle in. I quickly retracted my arm and I looked at him with pure fear. I looked at everyone else and sighed. I looked at Daryl. He was the only on who knew. He noticed the look.

"Ma'am I need to do this. I need to be sure." Jenner said. I sighed again.

"Wait..." Daryl said.

"What? Are you taking the test for me?" I asked in sarcasm.

Daryl shook his head, and grabbed my left hand. He sat down in the chair as Jenner took my right hand.

"Look at me. Only me, nothing else. Look into my eyes..." Daryl said. I did as I was told.