Chapter 14

Daryl's P.O.V.

Here we are, once again on the road. This is bullshit; I'm in my truck driving while Carly is sleeping. All the crying must've tired her out. I reach into one of the bags, in the bed of my truck and pull out a blanket. I unfolded the blanket that Carly put in the bag when we left the quarry.

I put the blanket over her and I made sure that there was something that went under her head so her neck wouldn't hurt and she wouldn't have a headache when she woke up, with all the moving the truck is doing with the cracks and bumps in the road.

Everyone suddenly stopped in a spaced out alley way. I got out seeing what the stop was about.

"Why'd we stop?" I asked.

"Carol's car is almost out of gas." Rick answered.

"We are going to need more." Shane said.

"How about this, Carol and Sophia, you both come with me, Lori, and Carl in ours. Shane you can go into the RV. That way we have two less cars and more fuel for now." Rick said.

"Yeah, okay. We will do that." Carol said. Shane just nodded his head. T-Dog and Glenn went to go siphon the fuel.

"Ya know Merle's bike is good on gas. Take da gas from ma truck. Carly and I will take Merle's bike." I said. Rick nodded in appreciation. I now have to wake Carly up.

I get to my truck to see that Carly has switched sleeping positions. She was now lying on the seat. I rolled my eyes and then opened the door and started to slowly shake her awake.

"Carly, wake up..." I said.

"Shut up and leave me the fuck alone, I am sleeping." She said.

"I can't do that, there is a change in plans, I need ya awake." I said.

She slowly opened her eyes, and sat up.

"Okay, what are the new arrangements?" she asked.

"Well, Carol and Sophia are ridin' with Rick and his family, Shane is goin' ta be in da RV, and we're goin' ta be riding Merle bike. With da three cars down, we're taking da fuel from them and saving it fer when we're low on any of our vehicles we're taking." I said. Carly nodded and she started to make her way out of the truck. She helped me put everything into the RV space, and then I hopped on my bike, Carly looks at me weird.

"Ya never rode a bike before?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Come here..." I said Carly came over to me. I helped her sit on the bike behind me, and told her where to put her feet.

"Good, now hold on." I said.

"To what?" She asked.

"Me... Here." I answered and I took her hands, and I put them around my waist, as I started the bike up she held on really tight for a bit. She has a really strong grip but I didn't mind though, I like the feeling it gives me when she is close to me and when she's touching me.

She started to relax a little and I smiled knowing that she isn't as scared as she was. We were driving for about 10 minutes when we noticed traffic jam up ahead.

I stopped by the RV and Dale turned to me.

"Can you see a way through?" Dale asked. I looked at the jam for a bit and nodded my head. I knew that Carly and I would be able to fit through, we just had to wait and see if the RV would fit. I was making a turn when there was a loud noise coming from the RV. Carly and I got off the bike and made our way to the RV.

"I told you, didn't I tell you?" Dale said.

"Problem Dale?" Shane asked.

"Well there's this small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere, with no hope of..." Dale started and then trailed off when I started to dig through some trunk of a car that was left on the highway.