Chapter 22

Carly's P.O.V.

Daryl and I finished fixing the tent. It was dinner time and I went to get us some food. I went to Carol and she handed me two plates.

"Thank you." I said. I turned around and started to walk but was stopped by Carol's question.

"So what's going on between you and Daryl?" She asked.

"Nothing... We just understand each other." I answered.

"Come on. We both know that's not all." She said. I looked into her eyes.

"That's all." I said. I turned around and started to walk.

"He won't love you." I stopped and looked at her.

"No one said I needed love" I spat.

"But you think he will" She said.

"Please... If he does or if he doesn't, I don't really care. I've gone years without saying the three words. Years without hearing it." I said. I knew what I was saying was somewhat a lie. I kinda did care.

"Just telling you not to get your hopes up" She said.

"So what... You could?" I spat at her. She just glared at me.

"Yeah... I saw the way you kissed his cheek, giving me dirty looks as if you are telling me to stay away. I see the way that you follow him, everywhere that he goes and you go to talk to him when I'm not with him. I am not stupid Carol. You may think that because I didn't finish high school or I've been arrested so many times but let me tell you. I AM WAY SMARTER THAN YOU THINK I AM. I KNOW WHAT TO DO! I AM NOT LOOKING FOR HELP ALL THE TIME! And lastly, I don't go around telling people what to believe and what not to believe." I spat at her. I quickly turned around and went to Daryl.

"What took ya so long?" He asked as he started to eat.

"Had a little chat with Carol..." I said. He just looked at me.

"Bout what?" He asked.

"I don't wanna talk about it." I said. Daryl put a hand on my arm and I looked at him. His eyes softened.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Carol just said something I didn't like. I kinda shoved a lot back at her. She started saying shit that wasn't even her business." I said.

"What did she say?" Daryl asked.

"She started to ask what was between us, and when I said nothing she didn't believe me. Then I was on my way here but she said that I shouldn't expect you to love me and I told her, that whether you love me or not, I couldn't care less because I know what the feeling of no love is and then she started to say how she didn't want me to get my hopes up and I spat back saying how she shouldn't either, for the way she gives me dirty glares, and comes to talk to you whenever I am not near you and all that shit and then I told her that she can't tell me what or what not to believe in." I said really quick.

"So ya told her off?" Daryl asked. I nodded. A smirk grew on Daryl's face and he gave me a sweet, soft and long kiss.

"Dat's my girl." He said. I blushed at the little comment and began to eat my food. Once we were done, I brought our plates back and gave them to Lori.

"Thank you Hun." She said sweetly.

"No problem." I said.

"Can I ask you something? And you have to promise not to get mad." She said.

I looked at Lori and I nodded my head.

"Do you have feelings for Daryl?" She asked. I looked at her.

"Ummm... I... Ug.. I don't... Um..." I started to stutter. Lori let out a laugh.

"Hey... Don't worry. I believe he likes you too..." She said with a wink as I started to head back to the tent. I walked into the tent and I looked at Daryl.

"Lori just asked me if I had feelings for you... I started to stutter and she just laughed. Then she said that she thinks you like me too." I said. Daryl let out a small laugh and just patted the spot next to him. I sat next to him and he sat up.

"I don't want them ta find out yet but looks like their puttin' da pieces together themselves" He commented. I laughed. I mean he isn't wrong.

Daryl traced my cheek line, where I'm guessing a small blush had appeared.

"Do I make ya blush dat much?" He asked. I just hung my head low. He pulled my head up, with a finger under my chin and looked me right in the eye.

"I don't know what you do to me but now I'm always getting this tingling feeling in my chest" I said. I was admitting this feeling to Daryl.

"Ta be honest. I've gotten da same feelin' more than once." He said as he put small kiss on my lips.

He lay down in the cot, bringing my body down with his. I turned over so I was facing him. He looked down at me. I laid my head on his chest listening to his heartbeat. I started to tap my fingers to the beat.

"What are ye doin'?" Daryl asked. I shrugged my shoulders and looked at him.

"My finger tapping, matches the beat of your heart." I said. I started to tap my fingers and I noticed his heart beat was picking up a bit of speed.

"Why is it beating fast all of a sudden?" I asked.

"I don't know. It always does when I am under your touch, when I look at ya, when I see ya. Everythin' 'bout ya makes my heart race and do flips." He answered. I let out a laugh.

I have never done that to a guy and he was doing the same for me