Chapter 10

Daryl's P.O.V.

I woke up to see that Carly was still asleep. I got up quickly but quietly so I wouldn't wake her up. I got dressed, and pulled the blanket over her some more. I got out of the tent and was greeted to see that were people awake. Everyone was huddled into a circle. I joined them.

"We are going to head to the CDC, if there are any government left, with a cure. They would probably bring it to the CDC to keep it safe right?" Rick said.

"Okay, everyone start packing up, we are hitting the road." Shane said.

"We aren't coming." Morales had said. Then started to say how they had family somewhere.

"I have to do what's best for my family." Morales had said. Shane gave them half a pack of ammo, and Rick gave them a gun. We all said our fair wells. I turned around and walked to my tent. Carly was know awake and sitting up on the cot, head in her hands.

"Ya alright?" I asked. She just looked up at and nodded.

"Just got up to fast." She said with a laugh. I couldn't help but laugh too.

"What did I miss while I was asleep?" She asked.

"We are headin' to the CDC and Morales and his family aren't coming. Pretty much it..."I said.

"Oh.." She said and started to pack with me. We took down the tent and walked to my truck where she put the tent in. I grabbed our things and put them in the bed.

Carly's P.O.V.

"Okay. This is the car assignments. Carol and Sophia, you guys in your car. My family will come with me in ours. Shane in his jeep. Daryl with his truck. Dale with the RV. Everyone else go where you please." Rick said.

"I have room in my jeep for another person." Shane said looking at me. I really felt uncomfortable and I felt Daryl behind me.

"Carly you can come with me." Daryl said. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding and walked with him to his truck. I turned around and saw Shane giving Daryl a nasty look.

I hopped into the passenger side of Daryl's truck and we started to leave. Daryl opened all the windows to the truck and let the cool air come in.

"Do you have any Cd's?" I asked him. He just shrugged his shoulders and opened the glove department and pulled out a case which was filled with cd's. I looked at them all and I knew none of them. I sighed.

"No like?" Daryl asked with a smirk. I shook my head and reached out through the back window to my bag in which I had a cd inside.

"I robbed this one. First thing I stole and never got caught for it." I said with a little smirk. And Daryl just laughed. I liked hearing his laugh.

"Put it in" He said. I put the cd into the system and it started to play music.

It played a lot of them like Backstreet Boys, Marianas Trench, Jay Z, Drake, Bruno Mars.

When track number 7 came on I switched the song but Daryl went back onto it.

"Why did ya skip it?" Daryl asked.

"Because it hurts to listen too it." I said. It was Count On Me by Bruno Mars.

"Why don't ye like it?" He asked.

"It is all about friendships and how friends are suppose to be there for each other. But I never had any." I said. Daryl looked at me then back at the road. He put his hand on my hand. I flinched at first but then relaxed. Daryl smirked a little.