Chapter 35

Carly's P.O.V.

Here we are again. Yet another house we are scavenging. Rick busted the door open, shooting a walker, and T-dog getting the other one. Carl, Daryl and I followed in and searched the house. Carl and I searched in one side where there was a kitchen and a small hallway with racks of towels were. At the end was a door. I held a gun up as I slowly reached the door, waiting to see what was laying inside waiting for me. I took the door handle and opened the door only to reveal Daryl with his crossbow raised. He put it down once he saw it was only me, as I put down my gun for the same reason. He nodded his head to follow him and I followed, shutting the door behind me.

"Upstairs." Daryl said. I nodded my head following him upstairs with T-dog behind me. There was three bedrooms, each of us having a room.

I opened a bedroom door with my gun raised and looked around. The room was messy with things lying all over the floor and the bed. I looked into the mirror to see black bags under my eyes, my face full of dirt. I looked away from my reflection and looked through the closet. Nothing was inside. I looked under the bed and nothing.

I got off the ground and once again looked into the mirror. Slowly uncovering my scar from the eye, my eyes turned dark. Daryl appeared beside me and kissed my temple.

"Ye are beautiful, no matta what." He said. I smiled at him and laid a sweet and gentle kiss on his lips.

"Nice owl." I said as we started to walk down the stairs and into the living room. He smirked at me while taking out the feathers. Lori was beside me as well.

"How are you doing?" I asked.

"Hungry." She said shamed. I looked at her.

"Nothing to be ashamed about. You're pregnant you are suppose to be hungry." I said. She gave me a smile. Carl came into the room holding two cans. I got up to help him but just looked at the cans. There were dogs on them. I threw it to the other room and looked at everyone. Rick nodded his head and looked at Lori. Daryl staring at me. I let out a sigh and looked down at Carl. I shook his hat a little looking around.

"Hey..." T-dog said looking out the window. I looked to and turned around.

"Let's go." I said. Walkers were on the way. We made it out the back door, Daryl and I leading the way. I helped put things into the trunk. I saw an axe and ran up to it. I grabbed it and started to run. I heard a groan and saw a walker behind me. I ran a little faster, throwing it into the trunk as Hershel shut the door, and got into the back seat of the car. I ran to Daryl and got onto the back of his bike as we started to drive off away from the house.

We drove for a few minutes before stopping and pulling over and getting out of our vehicles. We walked over to one of the green car that had Glenn, Maggie, Hershel, and T-dog in and we laid a map over the hood as we tried to figure out what way to head and were we have been and what might be happening next.

"When this herd meets up with this one, we will be cut off." Maggie explained. "We'll never make it south." She added.

"What ye think? 150 head?" Daryl questioned.

"That was last week. Could be twice that by now because of the herd here on 37." I said.

"But this river could've delayed them. If we go we might have a chance." Hershel explained.

"The chance is slim, I wouldn't risk it." I reasoned.

"So we're stuck." Maggie said.

"Where do we go?" I asked.

"Unless we swing pass 27, through green bull." Rick said.

"We picked through that. We've spent all winter going in circles." T said.