Chapter 32

Carly's P.O.V.

"Dale could... could get under your skin. He sure got under mine, because he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought, how he felt. That kind of honesty is rare and brave. Whenever I'd make a decision, I'd look at Dale. He'd be looking back at me with that look he had. We've all seen it one time or another. I couldn't always read him, but he could read us. He saw people for who they were. He knew things about us... the truth who we really are. In the end, he was talking about losing our humanity. He said this group was broken. The best way to honor him is to unbreak it. Set aside our differences and pull together, stop feeling sorry for ourselves and take control of our lives... our safety... our future. We're not broken. We're gonna prove him wrong. From now on... we're gonna do it his way. That is how we honor Dale." Rick said his words about Dale.

I listened deeply and agreed with what he said. He was right. We have to honor Dale for he has done so much for us. He was sweet and kind. We slowly started making our way back from the grave we made for him. I walked up towards Daryl who was standing with Rick, who was talking to Hershel.

"It is going to be tight, 15 people in one house." Rick said. I stood next to Daryl who looked down on me. I smiled a little and he smiled back.

"Don't worry about that. With the swamp parting and the creek drying up." he started.

"And 50 cattle's on the property, we might as well just ring the damn dinner bell." Maggie continued.

"She's right, we should've moved you in a while ago." Hershel said.

We all looked at Hershel. Rick finally nodded his head in approval and called for everyone to put things into the truck an into the house and back the vehicles up by the porch in case a quick get away is needed. He then started saying where we can build things to place look outs. He then set Daryl and T-dog up for double watch.

"Carly, I was thinking if you can help people pack their things up and help bring them into the house?" Rick asked. I nodded my head and headed towards Daryl and mine's tent. I started to bring the tent to the back of the pick-up truck and tossed them in.

I helped T-dog with his, and with Glenn's. Finally the back was full and I hopped into the truck. I brought the truck to the front. I parked it facing the road like told, and stated to help people bring things in. I lifted up a box, but T-dog came out.

"Hey... wait, I got it." He said. I said a thank you and turned around only to run into Daryl.

"Hey." I said looking up at him.

"Hey." He said looking down.

"Well... I heard that you and Rick are going to be taking Randall off somewhere." I said. Daryl nodded.

"Can you promise me that you will be coming back in one piece?" I asked. A smirk appeared on his face and he promised. I nodded my head, and he gave me a quick kiss.

"T-dog, go and get Randall. We are bringing him out." Rick yelled. T made his way out and Rick came up to Daryl and I.

"I will bring him back safe." Rick promised. I nodded my head and gave Rick a hug. This man has became somewhat like my father figure.

"HEY GUYS! WE HAVE A PROBLEM!" T yelled. Daryl, Rick and I turned around and looked at T.

"Randall's gone." My eyes widened in shock. How could he get out? I looked at Daryl to see that him and Rick were already on their way to the shed. I ran over there with them.

"He must have slipped the chains." Rick said.

"But it doesn't make sense because the door was locked from the outside." I added.