Chapter 24

Carly's P.O.V.

Those words that Glenn just said left marks in our brains. We thought we were away from the walkers, but just ended up living near them. We all had gotten up and were running to the barn.

Shane stepped forward and peeked inside. You could hear the moaning of the undead inside.

"You can't be alright with this." Shane stated to Rick.

"I'm not. But this isn't our land, let me talk to Hershel." Rick said.

"You can't! I talked to him yesterday. He thinks these things are people, his wife, stepson." Dale said.

"You knew?" Andrea asked. Dale simply nodded.

"And you waited till the morning?" Shane asked angrily.

"I thought we could survive another night, and we did." Dale said.

I looked around to see that there were some that are scared and others angry.

"Look, I know we aren't happy with what is going on, but let Rick talk to Hershel. He has a reason to believe what he thinks. He is a catholic man, to him... This is murder. You have to give the man a small break here. I am not happy with it either, but it isn't our land. If we take matters into our own hands, we will be kicked off this farm." I said.

"And? It is better than living next to these things." Shane shot back.

"My daughter is still out there." Carol exclaimed. Shane rubbed is face and then opened his mouth.

"I think it is time to think about the other options." Shane said.

We all looked at Shane with pure anger. How can he just say that?

"I jus found 'er doll two days ago." Daryl said from behind me.

"Yeah, you found a doll. That's what you did, you found a doll." Shane said.

"Ya don't know what da hell ya talkin' 'bout." Daryl said. I could hear the anger building in his voice. I step closer to him, as he advanced forwards going near Shane. Rick stepped in between the two, but I knew it wasn't going to be enough.

"I'm just saying what needs to be said. I'm saying that you et a good lead within the first 48 hours. And let me tell you something else man, if she was alive out there and saw you coming, all meth out, with your bulked knife and geek eyes around your neck, she would run in the other direction." Shane yelled angry.

Everyone started to advance and get into the fight. Carol, Lori and Carl stayed out of it. Andrea gave up but it was the men and I now.

"SHANE STOP!" I said pushing him back as he got closer to Daryl. I felt a burning point resting on my cheek, as I hit the ground.

"Form fucking touch me!" He yelled. Everyone stared in horror at me.

I got up, and I lunched past Daryl, and under Rick's arms as he tried to stop me. Nothing worked as I got hold of the collier of Shane's shirt and threw him into the barn. As he stumbled backwards, I threw my fist and it connected with the side of his jaw. I kept going, my wrist killing from the pressure being applied.

Soon I felt two pair of arms wrap around my waist as I was lifted off of the ground, turned around and thrown over a shoulder.

"Stop fighting.." A gruff voice said. I knew it was Daryl.

"Daryl put me down, put me down now!" I yelled hitting his back. He put me down a little so I was straddling his waist.

"Come on beautiful, stop fighting." He said. I stopped hitting him and I felt his hand over my cheek. I flinched and he gave me an apologetic smile.

"He hit ya pretty hard." Daryl said. I looked around to see that everyone was staring at us. Daryl looked too.

"No more secret." He said. I looked at him and I smiled. He kissed my cheek, and set me down. Everyone was just staring at us.

"Looks like someone had their head busy around something else. Finally found someone who cares about you?" Shane asked.

"Shane! This is getting in and over our heads. Let me talk to Hershel. Daryl keep Carly under control." Rick said as he walked away.

"And Shane, stop and don't do anything else!" Rick said.

Daryl lead me away, and I could feel the tension starting to fade.

This changes everything with everyone.