Chapter 44

Andrea showed up yesterday, telling us how the Governor wanted to talk. Rick agreed. However, he mentioned how he knows there will be a catch.

Daryl, Hershel and I are going with him. Daryl and I took him bike, riding behind the truck Hershel and Rick are in. I laid my head on Daryl back as my arms wrapped tightly around his torso.

So much as happened since I awoke. With Merle staying, to Andrea's visit, Lil' Ass Kicker being named Judith after Carl's third grade teacher. I also changed my name. Unfortunately, it's not able to be changed formally, but it's good enough for me. My last name when from Jenson to Grimes.

So my new name is Carly Grimes. Rick is my father, Lori is my mother, and Carl is my brother. Although, it's so new to me... I don't call him dad all the time, but I try to. I guess I will get use to it.

The engine of the bike soon cut off and I looked upwards. There was a big barn and a few walkers. Daryl and I handled the walkers as Rick started to go in.

"I wouldn't go in there all by your self." I said.

"Neither would I. I'll come wit ye." Daryl said.

I turned to look at Hershel too see him make his way to sit down. I joined him on the side and took a sip from my water bottle.

"How are you today Carly?" Hershel asked. I looked over to the older gentleman and smiled.

"I am good. How are you today Mr Green?"

"I am very good. It's a beautiful day, we are still alive. And minus the stupid dead walking round and ruling the earth thing, I'm having a good day." He said.

I chuckled. Hershel sure had a sense of humour. But I must agree, if the dead weren't walking it would've been a good day. The sky was blue, no clouds to be seen. The dead were far away, settling us with silence. Daryl then emerged from the barn.

"He's already here." Daryl said.

"You left Dad in there alone?" I questioned as I walked towards the door.

"Wanted ta talk alone. Dismissed me." He said. I nodded my head as I sat down beside Hershel. Daryl say beside me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

The sound of a car approaching made my head snap up, and took stance beside Daryl, both his crossbow and my silenced gun raised. The truck consisted of three people. Two of which I've never met.

"Da hell is yer man 'ere first?" Daryl grunted. Andrea's eyes were wide, but the other two didn't seem surprised.

"Philip? He's here?" She question.

"Yeah. Wanted to talk privately with Rick." I said. Andrea marched her way into the barn and I turned back to look at the boys.

The first man was tall, dark, and military looking. His jaw was set hard, and his eyes were clouded. Sure, he had the same experience as Merle, but who knows which army he is from.

The other man was shorter, paler, and geeky. He wore glasses that fell down his face, and he had to push back every now and then. He carried a note pad and pen with him and I rose an eyebrow.

"Ye his sidekick?" Daryl questioned.

"No. I'm his assistant." The guy said.

"And you assist him with what? His missing eye? His punches?" I remarked. I saw the ghost of a smile on Daryl's lips and a small smirk on the taller man.

"No. I help him with planning events, biters that stuff." He answered then walked forward with his hand extended.

"Milton Mamet." He said.