Chapter 4

I woke up in the same position I fell asleep in. I got out of bed and found a clean pair of clothes just inside by the entrance of the tent. I took off my clothes and put on the clean ones. I step out of the tent and re-zipped it.

I walked over to Carol. "Good morning Carol. Where do I put the clothes? I want to help with the washing after." I asked her. She pointed to a bucket. I nodded and put my clothes down. She then came up to me and handed me a plate.

"Thank you." I said and she just smiled. She was so sweet. I sat down next to Carl.

"Good morning troublemaker." He said. I couldn't help but laugh. "Good morning youngster," he laughed.

After my breakfast, I went down to the lake with the other women to help them clean. I saw Shane and Carl across the lake trying to catch frogs.

"I miss my washer." Jacqui said.

"I miss texting." Amy, who I found out was Andrea's younger sister, said.

"I miss my vibrator." Andrea said so bluntly. We all started to laugh.

"Me too" Carol's timid voice said. We were all laughing even louder. That is until Ed; Carol's husband, came to us.

"You ladies would get my clothes done faster if you shut up!" He said. "Carol, come on." Carol got up and the other girls protected her. I was confused.

"We see the marks you leave her." Andrea said. He was abusing her!?

"Carol, come on. You will regret it later." Carol began to make her way to him, but I got up and stepped in the way.

"Leave her alone Ed. Go do whatever else you want, but you are not going to hurt her anymore." I said.

Ed lifted his hand to slap me but I ducked and kicked him in the gut. He fell to the floor and I continued to punch him, until he got a string of energy and punched me off. My other cheek is now stinging and no doubt beginning to bruise. Ed got up and brought me to my feet by pulling my hair. He stood me straight and punched me again, this time he busted my lip. The girls were trying to stop him, but he was too strong. He punched me 4 more times, he was going to hit me again but I kicked him in the balls and he fell after letting go of my hair. Then I heard Shane come.

"If I ever see that you hit a girl again! I won't stop! Do you hear me?" Shane said. He gave Ed one more punch and came to me. He picked me up and brought me up the cliff.

"I'm fine Shane!" I said. He put me down.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Look at you! You are not fine! You have bruises on both sides of your face, you have a cut on your right check, a busted lip and a black eye! And your knuckles look so bruised that they are probably broken as well!" Shane yelled. He pulled me up the rest of the cliff and I had to sit in the RV. Dale came in with some gauze, he cleaned up my wounds slowly and carefully. Once I was done I thanked him and walked out.

Everyone came to me, to apologize.

"Hey! No one needs to apologize for that dick's actions!" I said. I didn't need their pity.

The kids started to scream as they ran to their families. I grabbed my sword and ran with the others. As we got to the fringes of the forest, we saw a walker ripping open and eating the flesh of a deer. The guys got the walker down, Dale cut the head off the body. There was a shake in the bushes, Rick pointed his gun expecting it to be a walker, only it wasn't. It was a man, with a crossbow. Shane let out a sigh of relief.

"Are you going to shoot?" He asked, with a deep and sexy southern accent. He talked like Merle... is this Daryl? What are we going do?

He was swearing and kicking at the walker that ate his deer. "Daryl, calm down! That isn't helping anything." Shane said. Daryl looked at me and his beautiful blue eyes, just stopped and studied me. I felt embarrassed that, he was staring at me. I knew I was ugly, doesn't mean he needs to stare. I turned around and started to walk.