Chapter 2

There we were. In a tank, surrounded by hundreds if not thousands of walkers outside, listening to a man speaking through a radio. We didn't know whether this guy was going to help us or hurt us, but we listened anyways.

"So what's the plan?" Rick asked the man.

"Okay, the geeks are busy devouring that horse. Once they are done, you have no chance, so you got to move quickly. You have to get out from the hatch above, and you got to run. I will find you!" He said.

"This is a plan? It sounds like a death wish!" I spoke and Rick glared at me.

"Well that's what I got. Take it or leave it!" The man spoke again. I rolled my eyes as I searched my body to make sure I had everything.

Once Rick and I knew we had everything, we were off to fulfill our death wish. Rick lifted the hatch and helped me out. Some walkers were already attracted to the sound of the hatch opening. We started to run. I pulled out my sword and started to cut off the heads of the walkers that got too close.

We were running through a fence when a Chinese looking man came out.

"Hey, over here." He said. I lifted my sword in reflex and he held his hands up, immediately shouting he isn't dead. I let out a sigh of relief as he lead us to a ladder.

"Climb!" he yelled as walkers were pulling in the alleyway. Rick made me go first, and then him and then the man that saved us. We climbed until all three of us reached the balcony. We were huffing and puffing for air. I placed my hand on my chest, trying to calm my heartrate.

"I'm Rick, thank you." I heard the officer say.

"I'm Glenn, you're welcome." They were quietly chatting, ignoring me.

"Well, since none of you pay any attention to me, I'm Carly." I said going to the second ladder, beginning to climb up.

"Well, on the bright side, it will be the fall that kills us." Glenn said and I turned my head downwards to glare at him.

"What? I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy."

When I got to the top, I waited for the men to hurry their asses. Glenn then brought us into an alley where there were two walkers. Glenn stopped temporarily when two people in suits came out with bats in their hands. When we got to the room, the door was slammed shut. I looked around the room but didn't get to see much because Rick and I were soon shoved over a table by a blonde girl with a gun pointed at us.

"You jackasses, you're going to get us killed." She spoke.

"Andrea! Stop it, now!" A taller man said.

"Come here!" An African-American girl spoke. The blonde, Andrea, moved away.

""I'm Jacqui" the black lady said.

"I'm T-dog." A colored man spoke.

"I'm Morales... And this is Andrea." The taller man spoke. I smiled a little.

"What are you smiling at?" Andrea snapped. I shook my head.

"By the way, if you are going to shoot you might want to take the safety off. Otherwise, it won't shoot." I said. She took off the safety, nodded her head as a thank you and then went to an embarrassed look.

"We were here scavenging. Scavenging means surviving. Surviving is tiptoeing inside and out. You just rang the dinner bell with that gun of yours." Glenn explained.

"T, can you contact the others?" Morales asked.

"No signal, maybe the roof." He said.

Then we heard a gun being fired.

"Dixon..." Andrea said. Who was Dixon?

We followed them on to the roof and then I saw a man, his sleeves were ripped off of his shirt and his hair was grey with a buzz cut. He held a rifle in his hands, shooting the walkers below us.

"Merle, what the hell are you doing?" Glenn yelled. Just then this Merle guy stopped, and they ended up fighting with them.

"I don't take any orders from anyone. Especially not from a Nigger!" Merle said looking at T-dog. They both got into it. I tried to stop them. I grabbed Merle's arm and almost got it out of T-dogs reach, when my head spun around and a burn grew in my cheek. He slapped me and I hit the ground. Everyone but Merle froze.

Soon Merle got T-dog to the ground. "Now let's vote for a leader. I vote me! Anyone object?" Merle said. I looked around and saw that Rick was ready to pound him.

"Yeah, I do! I think that the leader should be intelligent at least." I said with a smirk, slowly getting off the ground. Merle lost concentration and Rick got him to the ground. He then handcuffed Merle to a pipe. Rick took out his gun from his holster and placed it against Merle's temple.

"Now you should obey the person with a gun! It's only common sense." Rick said.

"Who the hell are you?" Merle questioned Rick.

"Officer Friendly." Rick said as he took a small bag with white powder inside and threw it over the wall, causing Merle to go buzzard.

I walked over to Rick, who was now facing the other side of the building. I stood beside him until the hairs on my neck stood up, notifying me of another presence.

"Where are you two from?" Morales asked.

"King's County." I answered

"Where's that?" He asked.

"It's from up the roads away." Rick added.

"Well...Carly, Officer Friendly, from King's County, up the roads away...Welcome to the big city."