Chapter 23

Carly's P.O.V.

I saw Daryl going to the stable with Carol following. I didn't like being the jealous girlfriend, but with Carol... I don't know. Carol suddenly got out of the stable and I walked towards it to see that Daryl is trying to saddle up the horse.

"Gonna fall in your ass again?" I asked him. He suddenly looked up at me and sighed. He was going to go, I had to play smart and outsmart him.

"Ya gonna try and stop me too?" He asked.

"As much as I would like you to rest more before going out, I am not going to tell you that." I said. He looked at me with a confused face.

"Why? He asked.

"Because I know that you aren't going to listen to me. You are going to go out there, get yourself hurt again. Maybe shot, you may never come back. That is because you aren't yourself fully yet. You may get really hurt and die. You may never get to see the sunshine, or feel the beautiful Georgian breeze. Or see me." I said softly. I looked to Daryl to see he was hesitant. I shrugged my shoulders and began to walk.

"Wait..." Daryl said from behind me. I turned around.

"If I can get a beautiful, sweet, long kiss, then I will stay." He said. I took the offer and I grabbed his shirt, and pulled him closer to me. Our lips moving in sync. I pulled away from Daryl, and we walked out the stable together.

Daryl and I sat around the camp we set up, eating some breakfast. We were talking among ourselves.

"So... I was thinking, when and how are we going to announce our relationship?" I asked him. Daryl looked at me.

"I don't know. But I don't want 'em knowing so soon, I think it is time we show a little, but not too much." He said. I nodded my head in agreement.

"I just wanna find dat lil' girl." He said. I looked at Daryl and nodded my head.

"I do too."

"Can I ask you something?" I asked him very slow. He nodded his head.

"Why is it... That you... Care so much about finding her?" I asked a little nervous. Daryl took in a deep breath,

"I don't know. It's jus when I was younger, no one went lookin' fer me when I disappeared inta da woods. Then again, I knew how ta survive. Sophia on the other hand, she hasn't lived as long as Ya and I. She doesn't know how ta hunt, or ta build a fire, or camp. I don't want to find her and know she is one of those things. We've lost ta many. We can't lose any more. Especially someone so young like 'er." Daryl said.

I knew what he was saying because I felt the same way. I didn't like the idea that she was out there and didn't know how to live. We needed to find her.

"Later me and you will go look for her." I said as I saw Daryl flickering his eyes to the forest. His head snapped to me, and nodded.

"Guys..." Glenn started as he stood up. He looked worried. His eyes went to the house where I saw him looking at Maggie. His face looked back to us.

"There's walkers in the barn." He spoke