Chapter 30

Carly's P.O.V.

"Beth, she is awake." Maggie yelled. I looked up to see everyone looking at her. I got up from the log I was sitting on, making more arrows and ran to go see Beth. When I got into the room Beth had her eyes open.

"Hey sweetheart, how are you feeling?" I asked her putting my hand on her head. She still had a small fever but it was going away. Beth didn't respond to my question, she just shrugged her shoulders.

"Are you hungry?" I asked. Once again only getting a shrug. I sighed deeply and made my way to Maggie.

"How is she?" She asked immediately after I walked into the kitchen.

"She is okay... Not the best but getting there. Her fever is going down, but I think she is in depression. She isn't talking, we will have to keep a close eye on her to make sure her depression doesn't get the best of her." I stated the feeling all coming back to me.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked.

"Well depression can make you do stupid things. We don't want that to happen to her."

Maggie nodded her head and made her way into the room with Beth. I nodded my head at Lori, and walked out the door. I walked over to where Daryl was sitting.

"How is she?" He asked.

"She could be better, but is getting there. I just hope Rick, and Glenn hurry up and bring Hershel home." Daryl nodded his head in agreement. I looked at Daryl but he was already looking at me.

"Come 'ere." He said pulling me onto his lap. He laid his soft lips on me, while his arms wrapped arms around my waist. My hands are getting tied up into his hair tugging lightly.

"Carly!" A voice yelled behind me. Daryl groaning looked over my shoulder, and turned me around to see a running and panicking Lori.

"Have you seen Maggie?" she asked. I shook my head no.

"Beth... she is trying to kill herself. I shouldn't leave her alone too long." she said again.

"Don't worry... You go find Maggie, I will watch Beth." I said. I can't believe depression took over another person. Daryl's arms left my waist as I turned around and gave him a peck on the lips. I ran my way back to the house and opened the door to see Beth laying in bed. I sat down in the chair next to her bed.

"Why?" was all I could get out.

"I don't want to live anymore, what is the point in living if we are all going to die? Maggie, Daddy, Rick, Carl, You, Daryl... We are all going to die some day. Why not end it now so we don't have to die a slow and painful death being ripped apart by those freaks." she said.

I couldn't help but think that the depression was only getting worse on her.

"Why did you want to end your life?" She asked me. I looked at her confused.

"You have those scars on your arms and wrists. They aren't like the others on your body, why did you want to end you life?" she asked once again.

My body became stiff as she mentioned my scars. She knew about them, everyone did since they showed through my clothes. No one bothered to bring them up. As those words left Beth's mouth my body started to shake. I don't want to tell her the real reason why I did it, but I guess I would have to.

"I wasn't the type of person that people wanted to hang out with. My mom and dad beat me and hated me from the day that I was born. When they hurt me I went to school with all the marks people made fun of me. People hated me for who I was. I got into drugs and crime. I didn't care anymore. People started to call me shit like how I didn't deserve to live and my parents always thought that they should've just killed me or put me up for adoption. They didn't kill me because the abortion would also put a risk to my mom, and they didn't put me for adoption because they said that I would just ruin everyone else's lives. They made me miserable and I always believed that it was true. So one day, something just took over me and I kept cutting myself. I started when I was about 13 and finished in my late teens. Around 19 to be exact, so I am 24 now. The marks haven't healed and will scar for how deep I did it, but I regret it with all my life. If I was able to stop time and prevent that day I started I would. But unfortunately I can't and if I regret it, I know that you will sure as hell regret it too. " I said. Beth looked at me with what seemed to be sympathy.