Chapter Seventeen - Winning Traditions and Attractive People

The limousine pulled up around the corner after Lucas and Miguel - and a very persistent Daniel - finished with interviews. I noticed flocks of women crowding around the men, waving and cheering at the top of their lungs. Kyle kept teetering into the crowd to retrieve phone numbers, only to be pulled back by the collar of his shirt by Miguel.

We shuffled into the limousine after Daniel and Kyle raised an eyebrow at the teenager, "Look at you!" He boasted proudly at the fact that Daniel had gotten into the vehicle on his own.

Daniel began to blush, "What can I say, I'm an independent man. Other than having a caretaker that is."

Kyle's brown eyes darted to me, "So Emily, I haven't seen you around before. What do you do during your off hours?"

Kyle was objectively very attractive, but he looked almost like a frat boy - too young and clearly not enough into commitment for my taste.

Lucas interrupted our conversation to speak to his friend, "You staying over for dinner?" He asked.

Kyle shook his head, "I have a huge account I'm working on. I could only just make it out for this fight."

"Workaholic," Miguel scoffed.

"Work hard, play hard," Kyle retorted with a smirk.

Daniel fiddled with the music system until a generic pop song blasted through the speakers. Kyle slapped his hand away, "I'm older, I get to choose the music." He proceeded to play a generic dance song.

"Nuh-uh!" Daniel protested, switching the music again.

Miguel slapped Kyle's head, "Oy, you both have shit taste in music."

Kyle rubbed the back of his head and shot Miguel a withering stare, "What was that for, man?" He whined.

"For coming late today." Miguel responded.

"I told you! I had to work!" He complained.

Miguel sighed in exasperation, "I'm too old for this."

"Right, Miguel?" Daniel chimed, "We're too mature to put up with this guy," he jabbed his thumb in Kyle's direction. Kyle reached out and ruffled Daniel's hair as he tried to squirm from under his hand.

"Don't get me started on you, you attention whore." Miguel scolded, referencing Daniel's obsession with getting on TV.

Daniel folded his arms across his chest and huffed in annoyance, "Excuse me for trying to increase my brother's popularity," he muttered.

We pulled up to the condo after a few minutes and we piled out of the limo.

"I gotta head out," Kyle stated leaning in to give Lucas a slap on the back, "Good fight, bro."

Lucas returned the gesture and Kyle ruffled Daniel's hair as he walked off. "I'll see you soon, Emily," he winked in my direction.

"Are we all thinking the same thing right now?" Daniel asked, "That Kyle's abandoned us for a better party?"

"Yes," Lucas and Miguel replied in unison.

The three men began to make their way into the condo, but I hung back. Daniel swivelled around, "Come on, Em!"

"I think I'm going to head out. I'll let you guys celebrate your victory." I replied reaching into my purse for my phone.

"Em," Daniel whined.

"You should come," Lucas stated quietly. "I'm making chicken Parmesan."

I raised an eyebrow in surprise, "You can cook?"