Chapter Forty Six - Breakfast and Interviews

I arrived at Lucas's condo the morning of his final fight, butterflies had taken over my stomach and that coupled with my lack of sleep the night before had me feeling like a wreck.

I knocked before walking in to a full house. Miguel, Kyle, Daniel, and Lucas lounged around the living room.

"Finally!" Daniel exclaimed.

I raised an eyebrow questioningly, "Hi?"

"I don't know what kind of hold you have on this guy," Kyle jabbed his thumb towards Lucas, "but apparently we can't eat anything until you arrive."

I glanced at Lucas who had swatted his friend on the back of the head before getting up and placing plates on the table.

"It's called being whipped, Kyle," Miguel snickered.

"Maria wants to talk to you," Lucas stated, holding his phone out to Miguel as Miguel's eyes flashed in fear.

He jumped to grab the phone, "Babe, I meant to say that I'm also whip-" he held the phone to his face and frowned at the lack of a phone call, "very funny," he said drily handing the phone back.

Lucas smirked at his friend playfully before walking over to me and tugging my waist closer to him to press his lips sensually against mine.

"PG, guys," Daniel stated matter of factly.

My cheeks were blazing as all the men in the room tried to avoid looking directly at us. Lucas didn't seem to care though.

We sat down at the table Lucas had set up for us of a full breakfast - pancakes, bacon, waffles, eggs, croissants. It looked mouthwatering.

I sat next to Lucas and whispered to him, "You need to add breakfast items to Emily's Kitchen menu."

He laughed lightly and gave my hand a squeeze under the table.

"What's the plan for today?" Daniel muffled through a mouth loaded with food. "Because here's the thing, I can't stay home for this fight. I need to be there when this happens, Lucas." I'd never seen Daniel so serious about something.

Miguel frowned, "I don't know if that's a good idea, Daniel."

"Let him go," Lucas asserted causing everyone at the table to look at him in surprise. "He deserves to go. This is more his moment than mine."

Daniel smiled at his brother, "Thanks, Luke."

The last fight for the championship was going to be overflowing with reporters and paparazzi, so we all headed to the arena early. There, Lucas would train, go through his weigh in, and have a meet up with reporters and Silva before the actual final fight. I could feel the nerves fluttering in my stomach that wouldn't seem to settle down.

Silva had been unusually quiet as of late - apparently not showing up to any of Lucas's fights and I know it was putting Lucas on edge. It was putting me on edge. I didn't know what to expect tonight.

In the locker room, Miguel was going through some defensive tactics to use against Silva. I had seen first hand how vicious of a fighter he could be. Lucas did repetitive stances to become familiar with them before the ring.

I admired the way his chiseled body moved with such precision. He looked like a warrior, like there was an art behind his movements and for him, there was.