Chapter Twenty Six - Pickup Lines and Almost Kisses

"Hey, Em!" Daniel greeted me that afternoon, chipper as ever.

"Hey," I smiled at him, taking my coat off and sitting on the couch, "okay, I'm ready." I waited for his long rendition of last night's adventures.

"Ready for what?" He asked in confusion.

"To hear about your date?" What was going on here? Daniel not talking about something was just as annoying as him over sharing.

"Oh, that. It was good."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "anything else?"

"The food was good?"

I sniffed in annoyance. "Fine, it's not like I was super excited to hear about how it went or anything." I walked up to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"Okay, I can't hold it in any longer!" Daniel gushed. I knew it. What a punk. "It was amazing. Rebecca was amazing, the conversation was amazing, the food - which, I now know the food I want at my wedding by the way - was amazing."

I laughed at him, "Are you going out again?"

He gave me a dry look, "Are you kidding me? I had to stop myself from asking her to marry me. It's too soon."

"And illegal," I added.

He ignored me, "the night was perfect and Kyle actually kept his mouth shut for once. By the way, he's coming over soon to go to the arena with us."

I raised an eyebrow, "Why is he coming with us?"

Daniel shrugged, "I think he wants to get in your pants. Also, you should know that Rebecca still thinks you're my sister."

"Daniel!" I reprimanded him on both accounts.

"I couldn't tell her I had a caregiver on our first date! I'm already coming off lame enough here. Anyway, I'm just telling you in case the topic comes up if you ever see her, which you probably won't."

"As your sister I should probably vet her to make sure she's not a sociopath." I stated matter of factly.

"That's not happening," Daniel asserted.

"I mean, a true older sister would."

"You couldn't keep a secret to save your life," Daniel laughed.

After working on some physical therapy with Daniel, we made our way to the elevator and towards the limo that was picking us up. As we approached, we saw a familiar blonde haired boy waiting for us with a grin.

"Hey Danny boy," he greeted, ruffling Danny's hair. "Emily, it's so good to see you again."

"Hey Kyle," I greeted before climbing into the vehicle.

"I thought I'd escort you," Kyle added, climbing in after me as Daniel scoffed. "Shut it, Danny. Do you need me to remind you about the crab discussion yesterday?" Kyle asked poking his head back out of the limo to speak to Daniel.

"Hey! Let's not forget what I'm holding over your head here." Daniel climbed in last and the driver put his wheelchair into the trunk.

"Truce, truce." Kyle muttered, turning to look at me. "So Emily, aside from being sexy, what do you for fun?"

Daniel burst out laughing, "Lame." He taunted, "does that work on chicks?"

Kyle crossed his arms defensively, "I do fine."

"With pickup lines like that? Miguel used to tell me all about yours and Lucas's wild times and it's reassuring to know that you probably didn't get too far with that." Daniel teased.