Chapter Twenty Four - Outfits and Stale Hotdogs

As soon as I knocked on the door, Daniel shoved it open and pulled on my arm. "Oof!" I grunted as my arm entered the condo before the rest of my body.

"What took you so long? If this was an actual emergency I'd be dead by now. I'll keep that in mind." Daniel muttered as he wheeled quickly to his room.

"So, this isn't an emergency then?" I clarified in confusion.

"Obviously not. Keep up, Em." Daniel pushed the door to his room open and I took in the hurricane in front of me. It must have been every piece of clothing he owned scattered around the room.

"What happened in here," I trailed as I looked at the horror scene in front of me.

"What do you think happened in here? I'm getting ready for my date," he snapped as he grabbed a red sweater and flung it behind him in disgust.

Lucas emerged from the adjoining bathroom inspecting a green shirt he was holding in his hands, "I ironed the green shirt, Danny. I swear if you don't wear it- Emily." Lucas stated in surprise, pausing where he stood.

"Hey," I stated awkwardly.

"I'm not feeling the shirt anymore," Daniel proclaimed frowning at it.

"-What?" Lucas replied in annoyance, "You couldn't have told me that before I ironed it?"

"You don't get it. That's why Emily's here," Daniel reasoned, turning to look at me. "What would you wear on a date with your true love who doesn't know she's in love with you yet?"

I smiled at his honesty, "Not that green shirt."

Lucas threw the shirt on the floor in frustration and Daniel grinned, "Ha! This is why Em's here." Lucas sat at the edge of the bed quietly. "What are you thinking?" Daniel asked turning his gaze to me.

I took in the clothing around the room until my eyes landed on a grey button down shirt, "This would work if you're going to a fancy dinner." I held the piece of clothing in front of me, inspecting it before pairing with black slacks. I handed them to Daniel and he placed them on his lap before going to the bathroom to change.

I started picking up clothes that were strewn about on the floor and refolding them.

Lucas interrupted me, "You don't have to do that."

I replied without looking at him, "It's no big deal." I cleared my throat awkwardly. "Are you ready for your fight tomorrow?"

He shrugged, "As ready as I'll ever be." His icy eyes connected to mine as I placed the folded shirts on top of the dresser, reaching for hangers for the button up clothes. "Sorry to ruin your evening. I told him not to bother you."

"I don't mind. I'm emotionally invested in his relationship with Rebecca now anyway." I replied, smiling at the idea of Rebecca and Daniel going on their first date together.

Lucas looked at me curiously and was about to speak when Daniel rolled back in. Lucas turned to look at his younger brother who buttoned the final button on his shirt and waited, expectantly staring at us. "Well?" He asked impatiently.

"It's perfect," I responded grinning at him.

"I still think the green shirt would have been-" Daniel and I both glared at Lucas and he shut his mouth immediately.

Daniel checked his phone, "My chariot awaits." I looked at him inquisitively and he smirked, "Kyle's my driver for the evening!" He boasted proudly.