An unforseen suprise

Liam's POV. 7pm

When I walked into mine and Theo's apartment, I grinned, tossing my jacket onto the back of the couch as I walked past to the kitchen.

Theo wasn't home yet and I wanted to surprise him with dinner. It was our nine month anniversary and I had some exciting, but nerve wracking news to tell him. Taking a deep breath I got to work. 

Making his favorite meal was easy. Chicken and Rice. I had it memorized. Although, we had made it enough times together that at this point, it was like muscle memory as I moved around the kitchen.

The room was already starting to smell like heaven and chances are, he'd smell it before even walking into the apartment building. 

I'd bought wine for tonight too. Well, actually, I didn't buy it. Derek was nice enough to pick it out and buy it since I wasn't even nineteen yet.

Not that I'd be able to drink it now either way with...well, my surprise. I just hoped Theo liked it. Both things that is. Shaking my head I continued getting ready. 

I dimmed the lights, only leaving a few on before placing some candles on the table along with the wine and glasses.

Thanks to Lydia, I had found some beautiful roses that I placed in the center along with some rose petals that I scattered around the place settings.

I wasn't very romantic either. This was almost three weeks of planning and using Lydia as an idea buffer. I couldn't have done it without her. 

After setting the table and making sure everything was perfect and in place, I went to change.

Black jeans and the sweater Lydia got me for Christmas. It was grey and blue. Most importantly though, Theo loved it on me. He said it brought out the color in my eyes.

He wasn't always a romancing type person, but sometimes he'd surprise me with his smooth talking behind closed doors. 

I heard the door open and gave myself one last look in the mirror before stepping out of the bedroom.

A smile stretched across my face as I took a deep breath holding a small black box in my hand. "It'll be fine. Just breathe."

After gaining my composer, I made my way back into the main living area. 

"Babe, Theo where are you?" I looked around, but didn't see anyone. I know the door opened. I'm a werewolf. Enhanced hearing.

"Theo?" I stopped mid step when I smelled something odd. "What the hell...babe...Theo seriously where are you?" This wasn't right. That smell...it definitely wasn't Theo. 

The floor creaked. 

I froze, swallowing down the sudden lump in my throat. This definitely wasn't right. Giving the air a good sniff, I almost choked as I realized what the smell was.

Hunters.

My heart pounded as I spun around, moving into a fighting stance. My eyes changed color and I bared my teeth. "Who's there? I'm not afraid of you!" 

It was silent for a moment, before a chuckle had me spinning around again. Heavy steps sounded on the floor, coming my direction.

I really should have turned all the lights on. Way to go me for wanting it to be romantic.

As I mentally scalded myself, I watched the figure walk out of the shadows. He was tall and definitely fit. Easy twice my size, but I was supernaturally strong.

I can take him. Right?

He laughed at me, holding up a small gun.

Shit!

"You know, you're pretty easy to track down considering you're Scott McCall's favorite little Beta. Getting you alone was almost too easy." I growled, stepping forward. He pulled the trigger and a pain ripped through my shoulder.

As I yelled out in pain, I gripped my arm, feeling blood gush through my fingers. It burned like hell.

Shit!

"Wolfsbane, kiddo. That burn you're feeling is how I'm gonna get you on your knees." He grinned sadistically and I felt nauseated. My head started to spin and I knew then, I couldn't take him on my own. 

"Wha-...what?" He shushed me and pulled the trigger again. This time pain seared through my leg and I collapsed to the ground, onto my knees.

Ironic basta*d.

Tears streamed down my cheeks and I heaved out heavy breaths. "What do I want with you? Is that what you were gonna ask? Well, you'll find out soon enough." 

He held up a small silver bottle, spraying something into the air. I coughed, falling all the way to the ground as I breathed it in, sputtering and wheezing. Dropping the black box as I did and accidentally knocking it under the couch.

What the hell? What was that?

He was watching me intently, grinning wider the weaker I got. I was stronger than this! He was just one human. 

He walked closer, kneeling down beside me. I tried to push myself up, to fight back, do anything but lay there staring at him, limp and out of breath, but I couldn't. I couldn't move.

My vision was coming and going and black was forming around the edges. I heaved again, dry heaving slightly. Great time to have morning sickness.

Somehow, I managed to roll onto my stomach, finding my phone beside me. It must have fallen out of my jacket. One button click and I could call Theo. Just one tap.

I managed to reach forward, but I was suddenly pulled away. He had a hold of my foot, dragging me closer to the door. 

"N-no...s-stop!" My head was pounding, the scent around me was revolting. I'd smelled it before, but I couldn't place it. I shook, barely even able to move my body.

If I can just reach my phone.

Groaning out, I managed to push myself forward in an army crawl, kicking my leg to try and shake him off and managing to hit something that made him groan. 

Just one tap and... 

He grabbed me, pulling me up over his shoulder as he cursed and swore at me. My nails dug into him, but he just laughed. "This stuff makes you lose the ability to shift kiddo. No claws. No teeth. No wolf abilities."

My growl turned into a groan before I coughed and went limp. I felt confused, weak, scared. Where was Theo? Why wasn't he home yet? I heard myself sob before my vision went completely black.

8pm.