Perfect proposal

Liam's POV

I couldn't believe the amount of things I was bringing home for the pup. I mean, I knew the Hale family was rich, but just wow!

I wouldn't have thought to get half the stuff that Lydia and Stiles said I'd need.

Especially the breast pump.

I couldn't help but chuckle at that. It still sounded so silly.

I had almost everything I needed to finish the nursery now though. Including a bassinet and crib, a changing table and everything you'd need for it, enough gender neutral clothes to last the pup a whole year, and just about any gadget and tool a new parent might potentially need.

I felt so grateful and I was so excited to show Theo everything and get everything set up.

I knew having the nursery finished would make it feel like we were one step closer to being ready for this whole parenting thing.

When we pulled up to mine and Theo's house, Lydia helped me out of the car and to the door. I was exhausted from shopping, but so happy to have been able to do it.

Just having the day to laugh and relax and being with friends and family. It was exactly what I'd been needing.

I could smell Theo's scent even before I opened the door and gasped when I saw the living room.

Streamers were put up along with some balloons while soft music played in the background. Wine and juice was set on the coffee table along with some chocolates.

Oh god, chocolate!

I licked my lips then looked around. "Theo?" It wasn't a second later before he came around the corner, smiling widely as he rushed over and hugged me.

I smiled and hugged him back, smelling a hint of nervousness in his scent. "Hi. What's all this?" I looked around again as he pulled away.

He just grinned and he took a deep breath then knelt down on one knee, pulling a small red box out of his pocket.

I gasped, putting one hand on my stomach and the other over my mouth. "Theo?"

Was he really about to do what I think he's about to do? I've been dreaming about this since we got together.

My heart leaped and I felt goosebumps all over my body, causing me to shiver in excitement as I caught Theo's stare, his features looking a little nervous now.

I heard gasps behind me as Theo just held my gaze, smiling so brightly and lovingly. It felt like a dream, but I was really here. This was really happening.

"Liam, I've wanted to ask you this for so long now. I love you more than I realized I ever could. You've been a light in my life and I want to be with you forever."

He opened the box and I glanced down at a beautiful gold band with a sun engraved on top. A second one was just behind it.

My heart swelled and I teared up.

"You've already made me the happiest man alive, Liam. You are my sun, my moon, my truth. Will you marry me?" He pulled the ring out and held it up.

I pulled my hand away from my mouth to show my smile as I hiccuped out a sob, nodding eagerly at him, holding my hand out. "Yes. Oh god, Theo, yes!"

I laughed out when he grinned and slid the first ring onto my finger.

A perfect fit.

It was stunning and I admired it for a moment before looking at Theo as he stood up. "The other one?"