We need to talk

"I haven't been entirely honest about my head. About my dreams I mean...I'm remembering Theo. I don't remember everything, but it's slowly all coming back. Everything that happened that night...I know...I know what they did to me and why they wanted our pup."

_______________________________________

Theo's POV.

My eyes were wide and my breath hitched. The last time we talked about what happened, Liam told me he'd been out of it. He only remembered one guy and that he knew about the pup. Other than that, he said he must have been unconscious.

"Liam, I don't understand." I gripped his hands in mine, watching his features, trying to figure this out. "You said you told me everything that you were awake for...The guy and what he said about the pup."

Liam looked down, slowly shaking his head. "I-I...I lied."

My body went still. I wanted to be upset or angry, but I took a moment to just look at Liam.

He was trembling on his knees, chewing on his bottom lip so much I was worried he'd make it bleed. He wouldn't look up at me and he even pulled his hands away from mine, cradling his stomach.

Cradling the pup.

Of course he'd lied. He just wanted it to be over. The whole experience was so much on him, I didn't blame him for never wanting to talk about it again.

I really wondered now what exactly they did to him. What got him this worked up and scared. Because the Liam I knew, snarled in the face of danger. So it must have been bad.

I sighed heavily, rubbing my face before gently pulling him into my arms and carried him to the couch. He gasped in surprise then hid his face in my shoulder, still shaking.

It was pitiful really and it broke my heart. I wanted this all to be over too. I wanted to just focus on us. Me and him and our pup.

He snuggled into me, sniffling and hiccuping. I shushed him, rubbing his back gently.

"It's gonna be okay, Liam. Just relax, baby. Let's not have two panic attacks in one day, okay." He gave me a slight nod, slowly relaxing in my arms and breathing in deeply.

"I understand why you didn't tell me, baby, but all I wanna do is help. I'm here for you. We'll figure this out together."

My hand rubbed his back, moving in soothing circles as I pulled my phone from my pocket. "I'm gonna call Scott and have him come over. You can explain everything then. It's gonna be okay, Liam."

I didn't realize how tightly he was holding onto me till I felt the sting of his claws in my shoulder. I winced, but didn't say anything as I dialed Scott's number.

He was scared. That was understandable. He had me though. He'd always have me. I was his mate and the father of our pup. I'd do whatever it takes to make this better.

"Just relax, baby. Try to calm down okay. We don't have to talk about it or think about anything till Scott gets here. So just rest." He sighed out and nodded, retracting his claws and nuzzling his face into my neck.

I felt his body relax and sighed out. "Hey Scott, can you come over? We need to talk."
__________________________________

Scott's POV.

It has been two weeks now since Isaac's procedure. He had been so nervous going in, but when I asked him if he wanted to change his mind, he was adamant about going through with it.

He was my brave Beta. And even though my mom said he could go back to normal activities after one week, I was still nervous.

"Scott, stop. I can do it myself." He pouted his lip out at me and I stopped to laugh a little and kissed his nose. "I know, baby, but I wanna do it."

He stood his ground for a moment before huffing. "Fine, but this is the last time. I really can do it myself."

He leaned himself back on the edge of the bed, watching as I lifted up his foot and slipped his shoe on. I did the same to the other foot then offered him my hand.

He gave me a sideways smile and grabbed my hand, letting me help him stand up. He rolled his eyes, but chuckled.

"I can't decide whether I should still appreciate being spoiled like this, or if I should be offended that you think I haven't healed yet. Werewolf, Scott. Remember." He poked my cheek and I chuckled, shaking my head.

I wrapped my arms around him and rested my forehead against his. "I know I've been a little over the top."

He snorted. "A little?" I raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "Shut up...I just want this to be as easy on you as possible. You're putting yourself through so much for this. For us. The least I can do is make sure you're comfortable."

His cheeks went red and his expression softened. "Oh, Scott." He placed his hands on my cheeks and pulled me into a kiss, pressing his lips deeply into mine.

My arms went around his waist, immediately pulling him into me. It was moments like this that I cherished the most.

When he was vulnerable and let his walls down. Just for me. I really just wanted to make sure this process was kind to him.

My mom said the procedure wasn't a total guarantee and as Isaac's mate, I just felt it was my responsibility to do everything I could to make the outcome better.

He pulled away to catch his breath and just smiled. "How the hell did I get so lucky? You are the best mate I could've ever asked for, Scott."

His eyes seemed to sparkle as he talked and I just cupped his cheeks, smiling widely. "Isaac, I'm the lucky one. I love you so much." I leaned forward, kissing him again.

I pulled away when my phone rang, Theo's face flashing up on the screen. My eyebrows furrowed and I glanced at Isaac for a moment before answering.

"Theo? What's up?" There was a pause and I heard a sniffle before Theo spoke.

"Hey Scott, can you come over? We need to talk."