A terrifying reason

Liam's POV 1am.

A pounding sensation was all I could feel throughout my body as I slowly woke up, forcing my eyes open. My vision was blurry, I couldn't focus on anything around me. Only seeing swirls of light.

When I tried to move, pain coursed through me and I groaned out. What the hell was going on. I should not have felt like this.

I never felt this bad after Theo and I did anything. Usually, I woke up feeling sore, but great. Well, except for that one time I had gotten drunk, I did wake up with a horrible headache and stayed in bed till noon...but this was different. This...wasn't right.

When I took a deep breath, it didn't smell like Theo either. In fact, I couldn't smell him at all.

"T-theo?" My voice was raspy causing me to cough. None of this smelled familiar. Like Theo or like home. It smelled...wrong.

When my vision started to clear up, I saw dark walls around me and an old looking ceiling fan with one light above me. This definitely wasn't our apartment.

Where am I?

Panic jolted through me and I tried to move, realizing now that I was bound. My hands tied with something and same with my ankles.

My breathing started to get fast as I struggled. Tears started to form in my eyes as everything that had happened started to come back to me.

I was getting ready for our anniversary. Just waiting for Theo to come home. I'd cooked and made everything look romantic, just like Lydia said to.

The person that walked in though, wasn't Theo.

He'd...he'd shot me! And sprayed me with something so I couldn't shift and heal or defend myself.

He kidnapped me.

I called out for help. For Theo. For anyone. Sobbing, despite hating that it made me feel weak.

Damn hormones.

Nausea started to build up in my stomach, making me feel sick so reluctantly, I stopped moving. That wasn't helping. Instead, I looked around, trying to recognize anything. Maybe find a way out.

When my eyes landed on a door, it opened. My breath hitched and I sobbed out again, shaking with fear. A man walked in. He was older looking and gruff.

He fixed me with an annoyed look as he walked over. "Will you shut up that yelling?" He placed a hand over my mouth, watching me intently as I held eye contact. Terrified.

Instinctively, my eyes changed color as I tried to shift, but I couldn't. He let out a chuckle. "Still can't shift, kiddo, but don't worry, we prefer to keep you that way."

When he moved his hand off my mouth, he shoved something blue and soft in its place, securing it behind my head.

I started to struggle again, moving my head away and trying to roll over, doing anything to try and fight him off me.

Whatever they had sprayed me with made me weak. I knew that much. Without the ability to shift, I was no match for him.

Hell, he was bigger than Derek and Peter put together.

He huffed at me, grabbing my hair to move me onto my back as he used his other hand to hold my chest down. "Cut it out. You're just gonna hurt yourself and that pup of yours by doing this." I stopped immediately, looking at him wide eyed.

How the fu*k does he know about my baby?

He just laughed again when my body finally stilled under him, grinning at me sadistically. "Don't worry kiddo. We want you, both of you, to be good and healthy. You see, born wolves are pretty rare from two very powerful beings like you and that boyfriend of yours." He moved his hand to my stomach and I gagged, jerking away.

"Someone will pay quite nicely for this pup. For now though, you should sleep." I felt a sharp sting in my arm before he moved away, leaving me scared and confused as he walked back to the door.

I whimpered, feeling tears roll down my cheeks. Before he walked out, he turned, giving me one last look. Then he was gone.

I was sobbing again. My head spun and I gagged, trying my best to breathe deeply through my nose and not throw up on myself.

They took me because I was pregnant.

Shit.

Theo had to know I was gone by now though. Right? He'd pick up my scent. He'd find me.

I kept telling myself that as my eyelids started to feel heavy. I whimpered out, still trying to call for help.

Anyone? Theo?

My eyes closed. Everything around me got quiet. Whatever he put in me was forcing me to sleep. I just hoped that when I woke up, I'd be in Theo's arms again. Safe.

Though, some part of me doubted it.