Gonna be just fine

Theo's POV continued.

Lydia gasped and rushed forward, hugging me tightly. "It will be okay, Theo. He's doing so much better already. He needs time and he needs us. He has both okay. He'll be okay. You both will."

Her words ment so much to me and I didn't even know I needed to hear them. I honestly didn't realize I was this stressed till now.

Even Stiles walked over and put his hand on my shoulder. "We're here for both of you, Theo. You can talk to us too. Whatever you need...we're here."

I nodded again and held back a sob, swallowing down the hard lump in my throat.

Everything hurt suddenly. My head. My stomach. I felt guilty. Guilty for not being here when Liam needed me. For not being able to protect him. "I-i should've been there. I...I could've stopped them."

Lydia just hugged me tighter and suddenly another pair of arms was around me too.

The scent told me it was Scott. He must have come in just a few seconds ago and heard me.

I would've felt embarrassed any other time for being so vulnerable in front of him, but now I just welcomed his comfort as I turned to cry into his shoulder. "I'm s-sorry. I could've...I should've saved him."

Scott hugged me and shushed me. "You can't blame yourself Theo. Any one of us could have been there okay. The hard truth is, none of us were...Theo I'm sorry. If I hadn't...if I hadn't acted like an ass to you maybe...maybe you wouldn't have felt like you needed to live farther away." His breath hitched too and I looked up at him, confused.

He sighed heavily and shook his head. "I'm sorry Theo. I was such an asshole. It's not fair that only now I'm nice to you. I should've put my feelings aside as soon as you and Liam realized you were mates."

He looked as broken as I felt and I realized he'd been blaming himself too. Probably more than I had been.

"We were both assholes, Scott. I moved Liam away from his pack. From his Alpha. I took him away from you...I'm sorry too."

The tension seemed to melt away as we looked at each other, both nodding, accepting the other's apology.

I felt like we could have said more, but we didn't need to. We both understood how the other felt and accepted it.

Stiles walked over, putting his hands on both our shoulders. "I think what's best is just to focus on Liam now." We both nodded and I looked down the hallway and through the slightly open bedroom door.

I could just make out Liam's face, completely relaxed and sound asleep. I smiled. "Yeah. That's what we'll do. He will be okay. He has us."

Scott smiled and nodded. "He does. I wouldn't be surprised if in two more weeks he's himself again."

My heart fluttered at the thought and I huffed out, nodding at Scott before turning to Lydia. "Thanks for...um." I shrugged, not knowing exactly what to say. It's not like I was known for breaking down in tears.

She smiled knowingly and nodded. "Of course, Theo. You're welcome. I'm always here if you need me." She patted my arm, making me smile wider. "Thanks. I think I'm just gonna go lay down with Liam. You guys are welcome to stay if you want."

Lydia nodded. "I'll stay. I can clean up a little and make a grocery list. Maybe do some laundry." She eyed my shirt and I shifted my gaze to the side, knowing full well I'd been wearing this shirt for at least three days now. "Right...I'll um, I'll put the hamper outside the door."

She laughed and Stiles gently nudged me into the hallway, grinning in his own Stiles way. "Just go. We've got this."

Scott nodded. "I can't stay long, but Isaac and I have some great news, so get some rest and I'll bring dessert for dinner."