Its all about family

Chris Argent's POV
Same time frame as the last chapter.

I leaned back against Noah's desk, watching as he, Scott, Derek and most importantly, Theo, digested everything I'd just told them.

Theo finally just sat down, taking a deep breath as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "So, let me get this straight; The guy that arranged to have Liam taken from me, hurt him physically and mentally and for such a messed up reason, also my pup, has just...given in?"

He looked back up at me, unsure and tense, taking a deep breath as his eyes flickered back and forth from their normal blue to a beta yellow as he fought back his worry and most likely anger too.

I nodded, but before I had a chance to answer, Scott stepped forward. He'd been quiet this whole time, leaned against the door with his arms crossed.

I knew he wasn't one to lash out and had grown very fond of his leadership skills over the years, but considering I'd also just told him that Isaac and their pup were also a part of these plans, I wasn't at all sure how'd he'd react.

"So, Liam and Isaac are both safe? For a fact?" He looked up at me with an expression I couldn't quite place. Somewhere between worried and confused to murderous.

I nodded again. "Yes. To both of you. They are safe now and while I know it's hard to believe really, I have worked out a deal. It'll stick and if it doesn't-"

Derek took a step forward. "If it doesn't, he'll have us to deal with. Not just our pack, but everyone that Scott has ever saved. Every supernatural creature that Scott stuck his neck out for."

Derek finished with a snarl and I couldn't help but grin. "You're right on that too, Derek. We have allies everywhere, but I'm not too worried. This will stick."

Noah put a hand on Scott's shoulder, giving him and Theo a slight smile. "Go home boys. Be with your mates." He looked over at Derek. "Tell Stiles dinners at 6."

Derek nodded, smiling slightly before leaving the room. Scott glanced at Theo then me, giving me a slight nod before leaving, already dialing Isaac's number.

Theo was still sitting down though, just looking at the floor. I may not have been able to hear his heartbeat or smell what he was feeling, but I knew something was still bothering him.

"Theo, is everything okay?" I walked closer to him, but still kept my distance, not wanting to make him uncomfortable.

He just shrugged before sitting up and leaning back in his seat, looking up at the ceiling now.

I immediately noticed the tear streaks going down his cheeks and took a deep breath. "I know this whole thing has been so difficult for you and Liam-"

"Difficult?" He scoffed then took a deep breath, shaking his head before looking at me. "No, difficult would be easy to handle. This has been gut wrenching, heart breaking, disgusting and horrific."

He spoke softly and surprisingly without any malice to his tone, but I knew deep down he was fighting the urge to go kill every last hunter that ever laid a hand on Liam.

"You're right. It's been all those things, but you and Liam are safe. Your pup is safe." I took another step forward. "You have my word that I'd give my life to protect Liam and Isaac and anyone else in this pack."

Theo watched me closely for a moment before nodding and huffing out a choked sob. "Sorry...I just...I can't help but think about what would have happened if Liam hadn't managed to escape or if we never found him at all."

He sucked in a scared breath and I put a hand on his shoulder, kneeling down in front of him.

The thought that these guys really were still just kids was smacking me hard in the face. None of them deserved to go through this. To feel this scared or hopeless.