More at stake

I know the pic above is not Theo and Liam, but it was just soooo cute!!! So enjoy the fantasy of it being Theo and Liam lol.

_______________________________________

Scott's POV

"So...they did tests on you? On the pup?" Liam's eyes glistened with tears as he nodded. He was tucked into Theo's side, holding onto him tightly and trembling.

I kept my voice low, trying to stay calm and not let my stress through and make him more anxious.

Theo kissed his head, softly telling him that everything was okay now. Liam nodded then sighed out slowly.

"They took my blood...they-he said that-that a pup like this, with blood like this I guess, would be useful." His breath hitched and he hid his face in Theo's shoulder.

Theo just hugged him close and looked up at me. "I think he needs a break." I nodded, understanding completely as I was able to smell the anxiety wafting off him in waves. I knew it couldn't be good for the pup. "Yeah I think you're right. I'll go make some tea."

I stood up, letting Theo have a moment alone with Liam as I walked into the kitchen. Isaac was sitting at the bar, already drinking his own tea.

When I walked in, I sighed and kissed his cheek. "There's still so many pieces missing to this puzzle, but Liam can only remember so much."

Isaac frowned at me then glanced back at Theo and Liam. "I wish I could help...instead of just sitting off to the side." He folded his arms on the counter then rested his head on them, biting his lip as he thought.

Nodding, I ran my fingers through his hair, letting the water heat up for the tea. "Me too, babe...hey, what if you two went shopping or something?"

Isaac jerked his head up and looked at me. "Huh? Us? Just me and Liam?" He raised an eyebrow and tilted his head to the side.

"Well, you, Liam and maybe Lydia. I just think it'll get him out and active. Get his mind off things. You guys could go get stuff for the pup."

As I explained, I grabbed two mugs and poured the water in them. I added the tea bags and let them steep.

Isaac was watching me intently for a moment before looking over at Theo and Liam again. "You know, that's actually a great idea. Yeah. Let's do that."

I nodded and leaned over the counter to kiss him. "I'll stay and Theo and I can talk to Deaton and try to figure things out...although... maybe Stiles and Derek should go too."

Isaac raised an eyebrow again then nodded. "Oh, maybe. It would probably make Theo feel better about it. Stiles would probably love to come anyway. He said the other day he's been wanting an excuse to spoil the pup." I laughed softly and nodded. "I'll tell them when I go back in. Are you okay?"

I moved a hand to his cheek, thumbing gently at his skin. He leaned into my touch, humming happily before nodding.

"Just a little tired...your mom said we could start having sex again tomarrow." He bit his lip and looked off to the side. His cheek started to turn red and I held back a laugh.

He was adorable when he got all flustered and embarrassed.

"Then how about tomorrow night, I take you out to dinner. We have a proper date then we can enjoy the evening however we'd like?"

He beamed happily at me, nodding eagerly. "That sounds amazing." He leaned forward, catching my lips deeply in a kiss.

When he pulled away, I chuckled softly. "You guys can go shopping after lunch, then I can meet you at the house around...six?"

He thought for a moment then nodded. "It's a date." He just smiled happily and I combed my fingers through his hair. "Perfect."

I kissed his forehead then turned when Liam walked in, a hand placed under his swallow stomach. "Hey, um, I was thirsty."

He waddled into the kitchen and Theo wasn't far behind, looking exhausted. No doubt from overthinking and worrying so much.

I handed them both their tea and Liam hummed in approval as he sipped it. "Thanks, Scott." He hugged me, nuzzling sleepily into me for a moment before turning to Theo and yawning.

I watched Theo's expression lighten immediately as he set his tea down and just picked Liam up.

"Let's get some sleep. It's been a rough day." Liam nodded slightly before tucking his face into Theo's neck and closing his eyes.

Now I know why Lydia squealed at these things. That was absolutely adorable.

"We'll get out of your hair for tonight. Oh, Theo?" He looked up at me as I handed Isaac his jacket. "I was thinking Isaac, Stiles, Lydia and Derek could take Liam shopping tomorrow. Get him out and about and get his mind off things while you and I talk to Deaton?"

He nodded, hugging Liam closer. "Yeah. That sounds like just what he needs right now. And with Derek going, I don't think I'll worry too much."

He chuckled softly and I smiled, grabbing Isaac's hand. "I'll text you where to meet and when?"

He nodded before heading down the hallway to their bedroom. I listened to Liam's heartbeat for a moment, feeling content with his slow and steady rhythm.

I turned to Isaac, making sure he was ready before I walked to the door.

This was something I hoped would be over when we got Liam back. I really thought that was gonna be the hardest part.

Now though, knowing they had plans for the pup, plans to use the pup...I shuddered before getting into my car.

Isaac put his hand on my arm, looking at me worried. "Scott, we'll figure this out. We always do." I turned, smiling as I placed my hand on his.

"I know...but we've never had a pup involved before. It just feels like there's more at stake if we lose this fight." He frowned deeper, moving his hand into mine and squeezing.

"We won't lose. Because there's more to lose, I know we will fight harder than before. These assholes won't ever get to touch Liam or his pup again. Whatever they have planned, won't work." He sounded so sure. His hope fueled my hope and I grinned.

"Yeah, you're right. We have more allies now than ever before too. We are stronger than they could ever imagine. You're right, we'll win this." He pushed forward in his seat, hugging tightly before settling back down.

We both grinned, feeling sure that no matter what was thrown at us, we'd make it through it. All of us would.