An extra heartbeat

Theo's POV. 4:30am

Getting Liam to Deaton was the only thing on my mind as Scott and I ran through the woods.

His body was so cold against me and I didn't understand why he looked so sickly. He should've been healing himself. And his scent...it still didn't smell right.

I knew something was definitely wrong. 

I could barely breathe when we finally got back to the car, from both carrying Liam so far and from my anxiety.

Scared didn't even begin to explain what I was feeling. Liam was my everything. The first person I ever really loved. We'd been through too much for things to just fall apart like this. 

Derek and Scott met us at the car and we got in. I held Liam in my lap, holding back sobs as I cradled his head to my chest.

His heartbeat was still far too slow for my liking and I drew away some of his pain again, groaning out and squeezing my eyes shut.  "You're gonna be okay. You have to be okay." 

Scott was speeding, that much was obvious, but I had a feeling he'd already made a call to Stiles' dad so we wouldn't have to worry about getting pulled over. Either way, I was glad he was going fast.

Liam needed help. He needed medicine. Something. Anything to help him get better. 

I'd give my own heart to save him. 

He whimpered out and I gasped, looking down at him in anticipation. It was the first noise he'd made since we found him and it was honestly reassuring in some small way.

"Shh, you're okay. I've got you babe. I'm here." I ran my fingers through his hair, pulling him a little closer. 

When we finally made it to the clinic, Derek helped me get out with Liam. He offered to take him and I let out a deep growl, letting my eyes change color and taking a step back.

Scott stepped in between us, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Theo, it's okay. Derek's just trying to help. Come on, let's get Liam inside now." 

I huffed out, but nodded and tried to calm down. The thought of Liam getting taken away again was just terrifying to me.

I knew Derek was only trying to help, but I needed to keep Liam with me. In my arms. Where I knew he was safe. 

Deaton met us at the door, immediately ushering us into the back and motioning for me to lay Liam on the exam table.

I was hesitant at first, but ultimately knew I needed to. Deaton would take good care of Liam and I'd be right beside him through it all. I was never leaving him again. 

As Deaton got to work, Stiles ran over, hugging Derek tightly and pulling him into a kiss. Scott and Isaac were hugging off to the side and I even caught a glance of Ethan and Jackson in the other room.

Looking down at Liams unconscious body, I hoped we'd be doing the same soon. 

__________________________________

7am

Deaton had explained what he found out about this new wolfsbane and that Liam's body just had to filter it out. It was why he wasn't healing though and why the hunters overpowered him so easily.

It had been over two hours now and he was still passed out. 

With every passing minute though, I could feel him getting just a little stronger. I took his pain as much as I could, feeling nauseated every time.

Finally, I voiced my concerns about it and the fact that his scent smells different. Still like Liam. My Liam, but different. 

Deaton gave me an odd look, seeming to go over everything again and he checked over Liam. Finally, he sighed and lifted up Liam's shirt.

He was really fit for someone his age, but I noticed just a slight pooch to his stomach. Tilting my head to the side, I watched Deaton curiously. 

"What are you doing?" He glanced at me then back at Liam. "Put your hand on his stomach." I raised an eyebrow, but at this point I didn't have the energy to argue. So I did.

His skin wasn't as cold as before, instead, it was actually kinda warm. I hummed in thought then looked at Deaton. "Now what?" 

Before he could answer, my eyes widened and I gasped. "What the hell?" I moved my hand just a little, focusing on what I was feeling.

It felt...so strange. Like a tiny hammering sensation. "Theo, I need you to listen. Listen to Liam. Other than his own heartbeat, what do you hear?" 

I glanced up at Deaton, confusion written all over my face, but I sighed and closed my eyes, concentrating on the sounds coming from Liam.

I could hear his soft breaths. His heartbeat. His blood pumping throughout his body. I was about to ask Deaton why I was doing this, when something caught my attention. 

My face scrunched up and I leaned down, closer to Liam's stomach. "Is that...what...what is that?" I looked up at Deaton. Confused and unsure. "It's like...a heartbeat, but...it's so small. So faint."

Deaton nodded and gave me a soft "Ah." He held up a finger then turned to grab something. 

I looked at Liam, gently placing a hand on his cheek and watching him for a moment before turning back to Deaton.

He came back with some kind of machine. "I use this on the animals. It's an ultrasound machine. It'll help me find out if something is wrong with him." 

He spread some gel on Liam's stomach, causing him to jerk slightly and whine out. I grabbed his hand tightly. "You're okay Liam. It's okay." I kissed his head then watched Deaton again.

He turned a screen on and placed something that looked like a mouse on Liam's stomach, watching the screen as he did. 

There it was. Whatever was making that noise in him, it was showing up on the screen. "What is that? What did they do to him?" Panic rose inside me, but Deaton's face confused me.

"They didn't do anything. Not with this anyway. Theo, that's a fetus. Liam is pregnant." 

My eyes widened and I stuttered out, staring at the screen not knowing exactly how to feel. "He's... that's...I'm...oh my god."

My head felt dizzy, making the room spin as I clutched my chest. "He's pregnant. Liam is...he's gonna have a baby."