Family

Liam's POV

If you had asked me 4 months ago if I thought I'd be pregnant right now...well, I probably would have punched you.

Honest truth. 

But now, laying in bed next to Theo, feeling my pup move around inside me, oh god it was amazing. Better than amazing.

I could never fully describe to anyone that hasn't had their own kids how sensational this is. 

It made me happy. I was safe. My pup was safe. We were both with Theo. That's all that should matter now right? Well, it's all that I wanted to matter. 

Telling Scott about everything had been exhausting, but I'm so glad I went through with it. Now he and Theo will be talking to Deaton about the next step to take and I get to go shopping. 

I grinned widely in excitement just as Theo opened his eyes, stretching out before settling back down and looking at me. He smiled too, chuckling as he combed a hand through my hair. "That's a happy face." 

I haven't been smiling as often lately and I knew Theo was pushing himself to change that. It meant the world to me that he was willing to do whatever it would take to make me happy.

Truth is, I'm so happy. More happy than I've been in so long. I have my mate and my pup.

Perfection. 

"Yeah, well, I get to go shopping today with the pup's uncles and aunty. It's exciting." I rubbed my stomach, feeling the pup move around in response. 

Theo grinned, placing his hand by mine. "You're gonna have a great day. Let's get you ready to go." He kissed me softly then sat up. "Why don't you take a shower while I make breakfast?" 

As I nodded I slowly got up, already longing for the hot water to help with some slightly achy joints. I guess even werewolves experience that stuff while pregnant too. 

Once Theo was gone, I started the water, carefully stripping off my pajamas, which really consisted of one of Theo's shirts and boxers.

Once the water was just right, I stepped into the shower, sighing happily at the warmth. It felt amazing to my tired body. 

While I preferred Theo washing my hair, I was just as content to do it myself, making sure I was completely clean before getting out. The smell of food already hitting my nose and pushing me to hurry up. 

Once I was dried and dressed, I looked in the mirror, carefully flattening my shirt over my stomach. I couldn't help but smile. "Hey there, little one. You're gonna get so many goodies today and I can finally decorate the nursery." 

In response I felt a kick, making me laugh as I placed a kiss to the palm of my hand then placed my hand on my stomach. "I love you so much my little pup. I can't wait to meet you." Another kick and I was over the moon. 

Theo peeked his head in, smiling widely as he watched me. "Hey, food's ready. How's our strong little pup doing?" He knelt down, pressing his cheek to my stomach as he held my hips. 

My heart fluttered and I sighed happily, placing my hand on top of his head. The pup kicked where his cheek was. "Excited to hear your voice. And hungry. Very hungry." I grinned and Theo laughed. 

Theo was without a doubt the best mate I could have ever asked for, but I know even he gets tired, so it felt good to feel genuinely happy because it meant he felt that way too. 

Today would be a good day. I knew it. After all my crappy days, I needed this.

We needed this. 

__________________________________

Stiles POV.

"Babe come on! We're gonna be late." I was completely ready to go with two coffees in me. Which may have been most of the reason I was spazzing out at Derek. I was just really excited for today. 

Derek's laugh echoed through the house. "Stiles, calm down. I know you're excited, but we have time."

He finally made his way into the living room and I gave him a look, acting impatient as I tapped my foot. 

He just laughed more before leaning down and kissing my head. "Okay okay. I'm ready. Let's go, but remember, just because I think you're adorable, does not mean Lydia will." 

I laughed this time as I followed him, practically shoving him out the door. "Yeah yeah, whatever. I'm adorable to everyone."

Derek rolled his eyes at me, but smiled. "Just get in the car, Tasmanian devil." 

That's a new one.

"Come on, Der, this is the first time I'll get to buy things for the pup. My first niece or nephew. I'm so damn excited!" I got into the car so fast Derek hadn't even opened his door all the way yet. 

"Lydia is going to kill me for giving you coffee." He shook his head then got in, starting the car before grabbing the hand I was using to play drums on the dashboard. "You've gotta calm down babe. I'm excited too, but all this energy might freak out Liam." 

I stilled for a moment, taking a deep breath before nodding. "Right. You're right. Okay. I'm calm." I took a couple more deep breaths then sat back against the seat just grinning as I thought about all the things I was going to buy. 

I knew today was about distracting Liam from all the craziness that's been going on in his life. I really wanted to make sure he have tons of fun too.

That's what friends are for and future uncles of the pack's first pup. 

Overall, I really did want him to get better. I tried not to pry, but Scott has told me everything Liam told him and Theo.

I wouldn't wish something that traumatic on my worst enemy, but if I could've taken his place, I would have. 

He was my brother. My family. The one thing we stay true to no matter what in this pack, is that you never ever turn your back on family.

So today, I'm determined no matter what, to have Liam's back and be there for him. 

Especially if it means looking at and buying little baby toys and clothes.

Oh yeah, today's gonna be a good day.