Chpt. 3 | 新しい脅威

{New Threat}

Hello my little honeybees! 🐝

I really hope you're enjoying the story so far, and please feel free to leave me some feedback.

Anyways, let's get started. Happy reading everyone!

____________________________________

𝕄𝕚𝕫𝕦𝕜𝕚'𝕤 𝕆𝕍~

Andrea is so flawlessly beautiful. Her shiny brown hair bounces as she walks around waiting tables. Her smile is so warm, bright, and genuine. I honestly don't know how she does it all the time. It seems exhausting.

I'm really not feeling that great myself, so I'm currently cuddled up in a dark corner booth watching Andrea do her thing... I just really wanna cry.

"Hey, sweetie! Do you want something? You've been sitting there doing nothing for a while."

"Oh- uh... Yeah. Can I get a lavender tea and blueberry muffin, please?"

"Of course, sunshine; It's on the house!" She winks at me before disappearing into the back. I sigh and sit back, trying to keep my emotions in check.

Once I notice Andrea, I quickly plaster a fake smile as to not worry the busy woman. "Here you go, beautiful. Enjoy!"

"Thank you." I smile at the nickname 'beautiful'. I'm definitely super emotional right now, considering that almost made me cry. Hopefully this tea will help calm my nerves.

☀︎︎

I look up from the book I'm reading to see a group of guys staring at me. Their auras are dark and their intentions are bad, really bad. The hairs on the back of my neck and my arms stand up as their eyes bore into my skin.

I go to wave at Andrea when something else catches my attention, or rather someone. It's the figure of a tall, lanky man with blonde hair and sunken in eyes. He seems familiar to me, but I know I've never seen him before.

He is very attractive though. Seriously? What is it with me and finding complete strangers attractive? I guess that's technically a normal reaction for people, but not for me.

As the tall man steps further into the café, I can see the blue glint in his eyes better. Those eyes... Where have I seen them before?

He gazes around the café, his eyes eventually landing on me. My own eyes study his as I curiously tilt my head to the side. He smiles softly, a small blush coating his cheeks, which in turn makes me blush too.

"Uhm-... Hi..?"

𝕋𝕠𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕠𝕣𝕚'𝕤 𝕆𝕍~

"Hi..." I cautiously approach the young woman's table with a small smile. She seems really on edge at the moment, panicked even. "I don't mean to be rude or intrusive, but... Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah. I- I'm fine, thanks." She mumbles as she looks away from me. I don't want to be pushy, but I can't just leave her alone, so I walk closer and slowly sit down across from her.

"Are you sure? You seem nervous about something." She quickly looks up at me, confusion written on her face.

"I do?"